It's too early in the morning for a nervous breakdown...

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Well the problem is that I can't afford to make half of what I'm making now, so a part time job wouldn't do me any good...I'd actually make less because I get paid so much at my current job. Atleast if I went back to my current job part time, I could go back part time but get paid for full.

I'm meeting with my doctor today and see what he says. I talked to my manager and she said once I do that, they'll work up a plan for how long I can come back part time but get paid full. That in itself doesn't bother me..work for half a day and get paid for a full? Sign me up! But I'm worried that it will do more harm to ME in the long run.

Of course I feel like some who don't understand will read this and say "Wait...aren't you on here for like 12 hours a day?" *lol* Yes, yes I am, but I'm not typing constantly for hours. I can get up, relax, stretch, do whatever I have to do. At work because of our call volume, I can't. For atleast 2 hours I'm taking calls, about one every 2 seconds after one hangs up, so my hands almost never leave the keyboard for more than 3 seconds, and it's a real strain.
I hope it works out for you to work PT and get paid FT! Let us know what the doctor says. I wish you luck