It's Time For Apples!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love apples any kind of way, any kind of apple, except Granny. I am having a bowl of oatmeal now with raisins, apples and blueberries in it. I poured in some unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I will be full now. :lol:

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I have been, years ago... an apple crazed person.. kind of a local authority on apples..

snip=

I used to drive up to Londonderry, New Hampshire: Mack's Apples, one of the oldest orchards in New Hampshire---huge...... such a good time..They also have a pond with ducks..and a couple of swans, you can sit there and feed them.. a few picnic tables also...
Late to the conver.
Artiesmom-I lived 15 min away from Macks apples growing up. That was an area I used to bike ride around many times..I lived in Windham and biked to Londenderry all the time. Back then it was not all developed like it is now. Lots of nice back roads. I have been to their orchard several times-my dad used to take me there and we would apple pick for a couple of hours. I liked to climb the trees to get the unblemished apples. I also ate about 8 apples that day. It wasn't something we did all the time but I think it was dad's way to get me out of the house as things were not peachy at home. I will always cherish those warm afternoons walking up and down the orchard. I still remember the smell of the apple trees and the smell of fall in the air..

Jon loves macintosh. I don't care much for apples much anymore. The skin bothers my stomach-I used to get indigestion every time I ate an apple so I don't eat them much. I don't mind apple pie but I don't really like sweets..although I do crave them once in awhile. I haven't tried honeycrisp but I will have to try a few of the various flavors. I always liked the tart of green apples-grannys right? I only made apple pie once-used store bought crust. It was gone in two days-so I guess mr Jon approved of it.

I also used to cook apple crisp all the time. sometimes I would make my own mix from oatmeal/brown sugar/cinnamon or buy a box of the red crisp mix in produce department...in fact I have 3 boxes from last winter-I think the next couple days I will whip up a batch of apple crisp. That doesn't last long in our home. He only likes macintosh so that's what we cook with. he likes them super soft. Me I like them firm...but it's all good...and a scoop of natural vanilla ice cream from Gilford's old fashioned ice cream-is a match made in heaven.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat I love Mack's Apples! It was a 'discovery' of mine, many years ago. I used to take my cousin's kids up there, spending the entire day, ending up at the old country store (?Cracker barrel) near the 93 ramp...

My dad used to come with us. He always took a knife with him, eating apples, and stuffing them into his pockets!!! The kids loved it.. the pumpkin patches, the scarecrows, the general store.. They are the absolute best squash around!
Apple cider, the donuts, etc.. loved it...