It's Tick Season

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Winter was so mild this is going to be a doozy of a tick season. Had an embedded tick a few days ago. Now there is a perfectly circular red patch around the bite site. Doxycycline is like a charm, will clear it up but they want to see me before prescribing. I'm off to the health center in a few minutes.Be careful out there.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, wow. Glad you saw it, and are getting it checked out. It's gonna be a bad tick season this year. :sigh:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There were still some scraps of the little black deer tick left in me. Which the doctor took out. Baccitractin, band aide. And I have a one time dose of two 100 mg tablets of doxycycline to take simultaneously and together with lots of water a minimum of 2 hours before or after calcium / iron / zinc. Bedtime looks suitable to me.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad you saw the tick, C catapault . I think the bugs are going to be bad this summer as we didn't have a lot of freezing over this past winter.

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, I've already pulled several off. There's not much to be done about it, as my dog needs to go hiking, but thankfully tick-borne diseases aren't super common where I'm at. Small favors, I guess.