It's that time of year again... What NOT to use on your cats and why

Kgrl2018

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for bringing this topic up! I've a cat with allergies/sensitivities, who unfortunately may not be able to tolerate any flea preventative. (Revolution makes him yank his fur out to bald, exposed bare skin, itch franticly, and gnaw/lick red, open ulcers into his skin, all which lasts for a few stressed-out weeks) My cat is indoor, and we have had no flea problems in the home. Frontline works well for my dog. I will try cat Frontline for my cat next, although if he reacts as badly as with Revolution, I will need to try letting him go untreated. Some highly sensitive/allergic cats can't tolerate any of the active ingredients or carriers found in flea preventatives.

Thank you for the reminder on vaccuming!
Omg, i knew the Revelution was causing my cat bad side effects,bald spots on sides, bare back legs,itchy like mad, kept taking him to vet,did food trials,steroids that almost killed him,he is indoor only cat,so im not going to use that Revelution on him next month and see what happens ,Ive been using it for years and recently read,it is a neurotoxin and those bald spots can actually be burns from chemical, so sad

Last edited by a moderator: