It's That Time! Holiday Shopping

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My niece is 9 and this year I am trying to get her Christmas present early. I am predicting that the top holiday toy will be a little robot called Fingerlings.

images.jpg

I was right last year on Hatchimals but put off buying one until too late and couldn't find it. So this year I am starting early. This website Fingerlings | zooLert is great for trying to find something. I did nab a blue one at market value but I am trying to get a white or pink one too.

Anyone else starting their shopping?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Although I haven't started holiday shopping yet I did see handmade wool mittens in a little boutique type shop yesterday that caught my eye. I plan to go back and buy them for my daughter. Living in an area that gets harsh winters I'm always on the look out for soft/warm items plus I like the idea of anything handmade.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been bugging my kids for the last 2 months to update their wish lists on Amazon. It makes it so much easier to shop. Since they aren't home anymore I have no idea what they like.They all have good paying jobs so they tend to buy what they want but once something is on the list, they don't buy it until after Christmas. I just bought my grand daughter, Isabelle a Hatchimal for her 5th birthday. I had never heard of them before she asked for one. I will sit down one day and powershop on line. i hate shopping so I try to get it done all at once. I do, however, pick up little things all year round when I find a good deal.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Haven't even begun. We don't get lists from the grands until closer to Black Friday, usually Thanksgiving night.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've occasionally seen the Fingerlings on a FB Amazon deal site I am on. I think it is going to be a heavy gift certificate year for me. I do have a few small things tucked away.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I asked DD what she wanted. Her reply: "I don't know". I can't find that on Amazon. :rolleyes2: :lol:

I got the kids a new cat tree recently. They LOVE it. Now I need to find them something for Christmas. :doh:

This is the tree. I got a good deal from Kohl's after a 30% discount and Kohl's cash. The girls supervised me putting it together and they just love it! :lovecat:

www.amazon.com/Majestic-Pet-Products-Furniture-Scratcher/dp/B008R6OEZ6

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our daughter sent her list two weeks ago. She has a birthday this month, so she sends a birthday/Christmas list.
She wants cotton 300 count beds sheets, beige or brown and an Echo Dot. Does anyone know what the Echo Dot is?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Echo Dot is an interface for the Amazon smart home system. Kinda like when you use siri on an iPhone but for your whole house. You just speak outloud and can ask it questions, order items, play music, make reminders, etc.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i finished my Christmas shopping late last month. i started in like june or july, adding this or that gift(s) to my usual online orders each month.

now, the baked items i give as gifts have not been made yet. i have 5 baked items to make this year. then i'll bake something special, or just new and/or different, for myself to enjoy at Christmastime.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was looking at those Fingerlings on Amazon yesterday Kieka Kieka . They look like something my DD would enjoy. They had AWFUL reviews on Amazon. It looks like people are getting knock-offs. I'm going to look in the store for them I think. Or wait a couple days to see if its some kind of issue Amazon has straightened out. Fortunately DD wasn't into Hatchimals last year. She does want the Barbie Dreamhouse; so if we go that route I won't have to buy much else. She knows if she gets a big gift like that; there might not be much else to go with it. And I already put away some doll clothing and Lego sets I got on clearance.

DS is a little harder because hes at an age where he's between things toy wise. He still likes some of the younger kid shows; but the toys are a little too basic for him.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I usually wait until after Thanksgiving to do Christmas shopping, but I'm sure Charlie's started making his list already. ;)

I've wanted to get a free-standing cat tree for him for a while; right now he just has built in perches, which he loves, but I still think it would be fun for him to have a tree. Now the only challenge is choosing him one he likes; I wish the pet supply store would let cats try out the trees before buying them. :thumbsup: