It's so easy to complain...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
...but kudos are important, too. And let's be clear right up front, this is far from earthshattering, but it's reeeeeeeeeeeal important to me.

I was loading the dishwasher a few minutes ago, and juggled a glass, which didn't make it. *EXPLETIVE* *SMASH* *CRUNCH* *FURTHER EXPLETIVE* and separating himself from his own agenda, my sweetie appeared, and took unto himself the tools of cleanup, swept, gathered into appropriate package for garbage, put away tools, the while commiserating gently, then took himself off.

Like I said, far from earthshattering, but somehow it just took the sting out of feeling klutzy and POd at myself. It's the little things that are the most important.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think people just complain more in the summer because jobs are scarce, due to the competition of the HS people...and money is always tight.

I love my husband and he is perfect even though he has no financial skills. That is all I have to say.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by shengmei

I think people just complain more in the summer because jobs are scarce, due to the competition of the HS people...and money is always tight.

I love my husband and he is perfect even though he has no financial skills. That is all I have to say.
I think people complain for the sake of complaining...employed or not.
Just check the threads from the past few months. How many of them are "rants" or "vents", or have an overall complaining tone. I would guess that they at least equal, if not outnumber, the threads that have a more upbeat tone.

Fran, thanks for the story that reminds us to look more deeply at the "mundane" occurences in our lives to realize how blessed we are!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Just check the threads from the past few months. How many of them are "rants" or "vents", or have an overall complaining tone. I would guess that they at least equal, if not outnumber, the threads that have a more upbeat tone.

Fran, thanks for the story that reminds us to look more deeply at the "mundane" occurences in our lives to realize how blessed we are!
I completely agree. I know I complain more than I praise. I am going to try to do better though!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I agree too...Those of us that have to stay indoors this summer (employed, interviewing, school) feel cooped up when they see the beautiful weather outside (at least I know I do) and start complaining.
I want to be free, outside, playing! Not stuck in some smelly office.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There was actually an article about this subject in the latest issue of Good Housekeeping.... I try not to complain about anything, because I know it won't change anything
Same reason I don't really get mad about anything anymore, anger is one of the most useless emotions, it usually makes a situation worse. Don't worry, be happy!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
What a wonderful story Fran. I am so glad Rob was able to turn your negative into a positive

Very true, and very well put!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

...but kudos are important, too. And let's be clear right up front, this is far from earthshattering, but it's reeeeeeeeeeeal important to me.

I was loading the dishwasher a few minutes ago, and juggled a glass, which didn't make it. *EXPLETIVE* *SMASH* *CRUNCH* *FURTHER EXPLETIVE* and separating himself from his own agenda, my sweetie appeared, and took unto himself the tools of cleanup, swept, gathered into appropriate package for garbage, put away tools, the while commiserating gently, then took himself off.

Like I said, far from earthshattering, but somehow it just took the sting out of feeling klutzy and POd at myself. It's the little things that are the most important.
Good sweetie, good sweetie!!!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I can't agree more with this, Kelly

Fran, your hubby sounds great!
At the end of the day, this is what it's all about. I think going through the many trials and tribulations, that we all go through on a daily basis, really are nothing when compared to the weight a little gesture of kindness like this holds in our hearts