It's snowing!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by RAFM

Snow in October, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

I live in TX and haven't been around real snow for many, many years now but there is a strong possibility we may be moving to Minnesota in the next year....I'm actually kind of scared about the weather.
My BFF spent 4 years living in Okinawa; which is tropical. The first place they lived there had a sugar cane field across the street from her house! Then they got stationed in Minot, North Dakota!! Talk about a change!! She hates the cold. I tell her its payback for 4 years of teasing us here every time it snows. She's had her heat on for over a month. Her girls were 2 and 4 when they got there. They had never seen snow. The 2 year old was not a fan of the snow-suit.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momto3boys

I dont really live in Australia

I live in NB Canada.....It isn't sticking, usually we dont have it that sticks or accumilates until November.
Ahhhh! A SS sneaky?! Cleaver!

I'm in Winnipeg and it was 28 degrees Celsius today. Nearly 31 degrees yesterday. So out of character for our weather at this time of year. We sometimes have snow by now.

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is why I like living up north a bit. I enjoy experiencing each season and what they bring. My favorite thing ever is sitting up in the middle of the night during blizzard and just watching it, then going to bed all excited to see how much snow is down when I wake up.
You haven't experienced a true winter until you've been through a HUGE snow storm. In 04 we had a blizzard named "White Juan". We had 30 inches of snow. It was amazing. Then we had another one on New Years day 09.
I took this mid-storm. The first two cars on the left were almost totally buried by storms end.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Dear Mother Nature,

I would like ONE snowfall this year, on Dec 24th starting right before midnight and stopping around 6:00am. Please only leave deposits and the grass and trees and remove all evidence by 8:00am Dec 26th.

Thank you"

Honestly, I love the first snow of the season (its the 5th and 9th and 12 th I could do without). Unfortunately the first snow usually happens when I'm at work on top of a mountain and contains 3-4 inches and then I have to drive down this mountain with a bunch of idiots. I HATE driving in snow! I know how to drive in it, and trying to go 65 mph down a 6% grade playing bumper cars with everyone else on the highway is NOT the way to do it.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do want!!!! I'm so crossing my fingers for snow again this year
That'll be 3 winters in a row!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuvMyParker

This is why I like living up north a bit. I enjoy experiencing each season and what they bring. My favorite thing ever is sitting up in the middle of the night during blizzard and just watching it, then going to bed all excited to see how much snow is down when I wake up.
You haven't experienced a true winter until you've been through a HUGE snow storm. In 04 we had a blizzard named "White Juan". We had 30 inches of snow. It was amazing. Then we had another one on New Years day 09.
I took this mid-storm. The first two cars on the left were almost totally buried by storms end.
I think I enjoyed it more like that when I was a kid. I used to live in Upstate New York; in an area that gets lots of lake effect snow. I don't ever remember loosing power or anything. I do remember the roads being pretty bad sometimes; but generally they were better handled than they used to around me here. I think they have improved; but most drivers have not! It doesnt bother DH; but man it bothers me!