Its Official...I really did blow it

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is true, I get accused of flirting all the time, when i am not.

also some people do find flirting fun, just keep being yourself and doing those things you enjoy and the right guy will come along

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ahhh honey... so what! Is/was he really worth your attention if he couldn't have even been a gentleman and agree to go out with you?

We've all been there at some point in our lives and I swore blind I'd never ask a man out... turns out that if i didn't ask Tony out he'd never have made the first move because he is too shy and very aware that when he gets anxious, he mumbles!

He'll soon realise what he's missed out on and you may not be available to him anymore!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really is usually all about ego - men like to flirt but to think that they are the ones in control! Either you wait till you find one who is secure enough in himself to accept what comes his way, or you have to be really subtle. Find out what his interests are - if it's music, or baseball or whatever, get some tickets and say that someone gave them to you, or you won them or something and htat you knew he might just like to go with you. Or flatter him - ask him for a coffee in order to pick his brains about a project, ask him to look for the funny noise in your car, to set up some new software on your computer, be inventive. Women have been doing these things successfully for time immemorial.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I am going to see him again today at the gym because I can't make it there tomorrow...I am going to AVOID him like the plague..Actually I hope he doesn't even see me..I don't want him to think I'm going there 2 days in a row just to see him....(usually I go every other day and he knows that).

Anyway..hopefully he doesn't see me...I don't need the awkward obligatory small talk.. What a load of poo poo.

So, yes...thanks again everyone for the kind words. Hopefully this blows over soon so I don't have to dread seeing him there anymore.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
naw dont avoid him, just dont go out of your way to talk to him

just do your normal stuff.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Natalie, most guys that are put off by being asked out by a girl really have their own insecurities to work out themselves....
A normal guy secure in himself would have no worries being asked out by a girl, and they would feel kinda relieved, like "wow, the pressure's off!" (maybe he was just stunned by your beauty
)

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

Don't get too discouraged Natalie, if he was freaked out that you asked him out then he isn't even man enough for you!
Ithink you should call him "scaredy pants" instead of "blue pants"!

I don't see why any man would be freaked out by a woman asking them out.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't get too discourage over this. I know it's a bad moment when you ask someone out, and he doesn't have the same feelings you do. I made a promise to myself once. I said that I'd go out with the next guy that asked me out regardless of how I felt about him. That's when I met my husband.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can't win them all, and if he was put off by you asking (and I would imagine that he was flattered) then he isn't right for you anyway.

I am sure there is a perfect 'Mr Blue Pants' out there who is dying for you to ask him out!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

naw dont avoid him, just dont go out of your way to talk to him

just do your normal stuff.
Have to agree with Bruce here...if he wants to talk to you than talk to him! If he doesn't then leave well enough alone....

Good luck and have a good workout!