It's now official our house is haunted!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

I am a medium, and have been since I was a child.... Not by choice by any means, as I am terrified of ghosts!
If you're scared and can't deal with them very well, do you shield? It might help you to "lock down" to keep from attracting things. As crazy as it sounds I stopped having as many migraines after I put more focus into that and I've been left alone.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

If you're scared and can't deal with them very well, do you shield? It might help you to "lock down" to keep from attracting things. As crazy as it sounds I stopped having as many migraines after I put more focus into that and I've been left alone.
What do you mean??? I never heard of that.... Please explain, I would love too...

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i grew up in a haunted house, pictures would randomly fall down, one time a fork flew across the kitchen, we would hear voices, 1x my dad searched the entire house cause he thought someone broke in, i heard growls, my tv in my bedroom would always be on when id go upstairs, so id turn it off, and go back up later and it would be on, id see eyes staring at me, and in the bathroom there was an aweful presence....u can just feel it, and my bedroom was right next to it. there was just an always uncomfortable feeling in that house...esp upstairs as soon as you rounded the hallway to go to the bathroom. it was my mom and dad experiencing these things as well. when we moved everything went away. now i live with BF and i cant even share any of these stories with him, hes petrified of ghosts. he eventually told me that when his father died he used to see him all over the house, i tried to re assure him that its ok, and there def not a bad feeling at all in this house.

btw, i love paranormal states

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Creepy, but you may still want to get the treadmill checked out for malfunctiong.

Also contact TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society; "Ghost Hunters" on the Sci-Fi channel).

Many, many years ago, I saw what could only have been a ghost in Mom's house, in my bedroom. The house was L-shaped; my bedroom was just around the corner of the L. In other words, looking out the picture window in the living room, I could look over, and see into the window of my bedroom easily. That morning, it was 7:30 AM. I was fully awake; I drank a glass of chocolate milk while looking out the picture window to check the temp. I happened to turn my head, and I saw a woman in white, with blonde, curly hair through the window, looking at something cradled in her hands, and turning her head from side-to-side. (The ceiling light was on, hence that I could see her so well.) At first, I thought it was my Mom, who was blonde, but not like that, nor was her hair that short nor curly, nor did she own any clothing like that. I wondered what she was doing in there, but, when I got there, "she" was gone. Then I realized that Mom was soundly sleeping in the next room. The only other people in the house: Dad, who had black hair, and was sitting at the kitchen table (which I could see from the LR), and my brown-haired, sleeping brother. We had a black dog and a grey cat, and NOBODY could have intruded into the house. I spent many years mulling all this over, trying to find a rational explanation, but can't. I never liked sleeping in that room since; I never told anyone about it, though. A few years ago, on 2 separate occasions, I had guests sleep in there (I since had taken bother's old room to live in). They knew nothing about the ghost. When I asked them the next day who they slept, they mentioned that they felt a ghost was watching over them, but saw nothing, but it was a good feeling.

I have also seen perhaps 3 others in my life since then; but I am still trying rationalize them.

spatulahandle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My family and I live in a rental house and have seen, heard, and felt many things.We have lived here for five years and not much happened, my husband saw a few shadows, when we first moved in. Six months after we moved in my dad passed away shortly after we would hear our front or back door open and footsteps in our entryway. My husband and I, have seen shadows out of the corner of our eyes. I had something follow me from the front porch to my gate, I thought it was my dog trying to follow me out the gate but when I told her to stay she was all the way up on the front porch and looking rather terrified. I have heard a muffled voice of a man a few times and my husband and kids have heard the voice of a woman call their names....they always come and ask me if I called them or said something and the answer is always no. We have had a loud banging noise on the sides of the house sounding and feeling like a car plowed into the side of the house, I just had that happen on Wednesday this past week, again. My husband and I were sitting on the couch and we heard a loud bang and felt the entire house shake. My cats have freaked out a few times hissing and growling and even running away from something with tails all bushed out for no reason. One evening last week I was sitting on the couch watching tv and working on some crafts, my husband had just left for work, it was about 11pm. I looked up and on the oppisite side of the room, standing by my husbands desk was a small dark figure, I could see a little detail in face and clothing and it disappeared quickly, that is the first time I've ever seen something straight on.... I think it was the spirit of a child, as my husband and I have seen shadows about that size. My daughter, who is 9, has also told me she has seen a man in her room standing by her bed and he waved at her when she looked at him. She said that she just rolled over and put the covers over her head and when she looked again later there was no more man. I don't know for sure but we think it may have been her uncle, my husbands brother who died three years ago. She also told me that she came into my room one night and there was a lady sitting on my bed while I slept, she said that the lady scared her and then disappeared. We have had a lot of things happen and sometimes have caught orbs on the camera when we feel someone is present. I don't know what the history on the house is, but I really think that some of the activity is my dad and my brother in law visiting...don't know who the woman and the child are.

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if I believe in the whole ghost thing. Although a few years back in a previous house I swear I could hear strange noises coming from the attic. It was like someone was walking around or moving something. One time I actually stood on my bed, put my hand up to the ceiling and I could actually feel the vibration. I only seem to notice the noise when I was in my room and mostly during the day. On a few occasions i did hear it at night. Never did figure that one out.

binkyhoo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

I
Here is one BIG advice: Do NOT give them the power. Meaning - ignore them as much as possible. If something happens, just take your thoughts to another place

Good luck!!
I do not beleive in ghosts but I still have stories. I can not tell, like she/he said. no power. No thought. No ......

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to admit that I'm a believer, but a very careful believer. There are things that I've sensed that are beyond explanation, yet when they do happen I try to think of other things that might have caused it. Just a few weeks ago, I was lying in bed reading and I heard a very clear bell ringing. It was a familiar sound, because the bell had belonged on a toy that I had when I was a kid. So hearing this bell ringing all of a sudden made my heart skip a few beats. I looked around on the floor and I could see the bell, blue ribbon and all laying beside my bed and because I'd packed all of my toys away, I hadn't seen the toy in YEARS. I can't recall ever putting the bell in my room, or if it was in my room it must have somehow gotten under my bed . . . there was no real explanation for it being there!

Except that maybe someone very dear to me was just saying hello.

I love exploring the paranormal. Ghosts are fascinating things to me because even though I'm a semi skeptic, things have happened and I think I might be slightly psychic. Some I can explain, others . . . not so well. If it is a ghost, just give it time and if it bothers you do what everyone else is saying, contact someone who can help, wether it's you or the spirit.