It's Going to Be a LONG Day......

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I can only have clear liquids to prepare for my colonoscopy tomorrow and I'm already hungry! My stomach was growling when I woke up this morning. It's going to be SO hard to go without solid food until tomorrow afternoon.

Last night I made pasta for dinner and was putting it in the refrigerator after we finished eating. I told Nikki, "Since I can't eat tomorrow, you guys can heat this up for dinner." Nikki said, "Well you can eat THAT can't you?" I said, "No...I can't have ANY solid food at all." She said, "Well that's not solid.....it's kinda soft." I laughed and said, "I can have ANY food....anything that I have to chew is considered solid food." She said, "OH! I thought solid food meant only things that are hard."

Don't I wish! I'd be eating soft squishy foods all day!

Hey I had a banana popsicle for breakfast! I love banana popsicles....although I have a feeling that after today....they will begin to lose their appeal.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Robin, please try to enjoy your clear liquids out of your prettiest glasses and bowls today. Just think how great that first bite of real food will be after tomorrow! You're so smart to have your colonoscopy! You can feel like a kid today and eat all the banana popsicles you want!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks

I have about an hour before I have to take 4 dulcolax! I'm a little scared about that because I've taken just 1 before and it made my stomach hurt so bad and made me feel sick. I can imagine what four will do!

Just had my 2nd popsicle. Did you know that drinking diet coke after eating a banana popsicle makes the coke taste weird?

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Robin - I'm sorry - but popsicles are really good!
I remember hubby kept eating jello! He even made me get a jello mold so it looked pretty.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aaaawwww... I'm sorry. I hated having to go off of solid foods for my last surgery. I hated having to sit there and watch everyone else eat, while I drank clear liquids... LOL Good luck.

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, poor Robin. This must be really hard. My dad had the same thing done on him. He was fine after, but her hated the non-eating part, as my dad LOVES to eat.. Can you have ice-cream? How about soup? Hope this helps. Feel better, and try to get your mind off f-o-o-d.

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww, I am so sorry Robin. My mother had the procedure a few months ago, and the teachers aid I work with just had one last week. So i know what you are going through.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of luck for tomorrow Robin Hopefully you'll be able to post monday night when i'll see it on tuesday morning.

I'll not tell you what i've just stuffed my self with
but i'm having a diet coke to join you!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I can sympathize - I had to be off solid food for two days prior to surgery, and I was so hungry! Good luck to you tomorrow, and I hope you're planning on having your favorite meal afterwards!

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. I'm miserable right now. I'm SO hungry that I feel nauseated. My stomach is hurting terribly after taking those 4 pills. I tried to take a nap, but couldn't fall asleep because of the stomach ache. And I haven't even started drinking the gross stuff yet. I'm supposed to start that at about 6:00pm. I'm drinking a regular Sprite now. I'm hoping that the sugar in it will help me feel better and Sprite is usually good for upset stomachs too.

I've never been too crazy about Jello but I ate some.......lemon flavored. I can't even have cherry because I guess it could resemble blood in the intestinal tract.
I ate some chicken broth which was kinda gross because I taste all the fat in it....<ugh> Thank goodness I don't have to do this for very long!

I've had problems with my digestive system for years.......and it just doesn't do well when it's normal routine is interrupted.

Well only about 20 hours until I can eat again.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RObin, I am so hungry I am sick. I have lost 4 pounds. I might not drink the 2nd bottle of mag citrate.
I am empty now. I have had NOTHING but a coke and a Sprite all day.
I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No ice cream.....nothing with milk. I am sick, Robin. I am so scared!
I'm terrified they will find more polyps. I just cannot have another ostomy!

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by batgirl2good

No ice cream.....nothing with milk. I am sick, Robin. I am so scared!
I'm terrified they will find more polyps. I just cannot have another ostomy!
I feel awful too. Just hang in there......we can do this! And think positive thoughts....no more polyps! This is my first time, so I'm hoping they don't find anything. I think my grandmother was in her early forties when she had colon cancer and had to have a colostomy. (I'm 40)

My doctor said that he doesn't expect to find any malignancy.....he just thinks that my IBS isn't under control very well. I'm hoping that's all it is. All I want is to feel better and not be in pain every day.

That's not asking too much....is it?

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Robin! You are helping me thru this. It is good to have a friend with you.
I am thinking good thoughts for you, too.

Originally Posted by KittyKook

I feel awful too. Just hang in there......we can do this! And think positive thoughts....no more polyps! This is my first time, so I'm hoping they don't find anything. I think my grandmother was in her early forties when she had colon cancer and had to have a colostomy. (I'm 40)

My doctor said that he doesn't expect to find any malignancy.....he just thinks that my IBS isn't under control very well. I'm hoping that's all it is. All I want is to feel better and not be in pain every day.

That's not asking too much....is it?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Girls, I sympathize with you both. Just keep thinking good thoughts and whatever happens, you will both get through it. It'll be over with before you know it. Can't wait to hear from both of you and our hearts will be with you, guaranteed!!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw girls... Robin and Bobbie it must be a relief to at least have someone else who can sympathize since they're going through it at the same time!

Sorry that I can't say "I know how you feel" but y'all are in my thoughts! Good luck with everything tomorrow!

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is almost over, Robin! We can soon go to sleep! What are you eating tomorrow afternoon? I hate to ask Shannon to take me to get a treat, but I might see if she will take me by to get a real cherry coke from Sonic.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you guys have any idea how long the procedure takes? Are you alseep or at least drugged up so you don't feel any pain?