It's Damita....again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm just thankful she's alive.....seems like we've lost quite a few TCS kitties as of late. I count my blessings she's still a part of my life.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I'm just thankful she's alive.....seems like we've lost quite a few TCS kitties as of late. I count my blessings she's still a part of my life.
Re: her paw...I have nerve damage in my leg, and while it has not gotten better, you do get used to it and maybe she will begin using her paw more. Once she's well, maybe you could do some "occupational therapy".

saya

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hm. what does your vet say?
I haven't read up on Damita for a little bit...

There is a form of calcivirus that causes a limp. (viral infection of the upper respiratory tract)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He said the nerve damage is probably long-term. That she'll always favor the paw/have a slight limp. Her fever is gone completely now, too.

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Natalie,

I am sorry that Damita has to go through more health problems. I wish you and her the best so that she recover very fast. As for her leg, if it really is permanent, I'm sure she will get used to it, but I do hope the vet is wrong and it will go away. I've only met once a cat that couldn't use one of his legs. Actually, he had lost one completely after an accident, but I can't remember if it was a front or a rear leg...He was very agile and could climb up the stairs as fast as a lightning! He was also very happy and didn't seem to even remember that he used to have 4 paws.

Everything will be fine, cats are so strong, especially Damita. And with you by her side, I'm sure she will soon recover and live happilly forever!