Its cold and I need help

ms cat love

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
you could try getting him in a carrier by putting can cat food in there.. then you can just close the door and latch it quick. or if you can pet him? grab him by the scruff of the neck and put him in the cage hind legs first.. its much easier if the cage door is facing the sky...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I found a very low cost place to get him neutered:

http://www.petfixnortheastohio.org/index.htm

He has to belong to someone because he is not all that interested in food, just milk. He is heavy..with good muscle tone. Other than his ears, he appears to be well fed. Do ferals exhibit this?

It is so hard to get him to the vet. I have only been getting one day off work and he is not around the night before.

He was here the other night and all the black is gone but so is part of his ear. He let me pick him up and snuggle him...he purred for me.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do have a feral tomcat I am trying to trap right now. He too is very fat and well muscled, but is very feral and very smart. I think he is a bit older and has been around the block a time or two. I believe he is the daddy to all the kittens I trapped in December. So they can still be unowned and look pretty fat and healthy.

It sounds like you should be able to get him to the vet quite easily and he does sound tame. So at one point or another, he was someone's pet. Good luck and thank you for getting him neutered

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am off today and he wasn't around last night.

I sleep weird. I had my head at the foot of the bed so I can see the window and I have been looking for him. I will be asleep and I will wake up and he is in my window.

I will, mark my words, get him to the vet at some point.

I just can't bring him in and risk disease.

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orange Kitty has been in my thoughts the last couple of days. Do you still see him most nights? Do you feed him and, if so, does he eat?

Robin

zohdee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
His frequency has dropped as of late.

And yes, every time he is in my window he gets food and milk.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zohdee

His frequency has dropped as of late.

And yes, every time he is in my window he gets food and milk.
zohdee -- don't feed him cow's milk. Most all cats are lactose intolerant. A tiny bid may not give them digestive upset, but it's possible. More than that and it's likely they will get diarrhea.