It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tucson is getting a cold blast - 27 when I got up this morning. We keep OUR snow 30 miles away, up on the mountains.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm happy to hear you folks are safe and sound. You sure got a blast of snow yesterday. We would like some here so we could have a white Christmas. Apparently we are going to be fairly warm for Christmas (+7 C).

Stay safe.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stay safe you guys!

After watching the national news at 4:00 a.m. (couldn't get back to sleep) and seeing how hard you've been hit, I'm not so jealous anymore.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So how much snow did all of your Coloradan's wind up with?

(we had 2 inches of rain in our rain gauge, which if it had been colder, would be about 28" of snow)

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy to hear that you guys are okay.
The pictures are beautiful. I love snow, but I love to see it on pics or on tv only.

How cold was it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm here!

We did lose power for about 3 hours this morning, but we just slept through it since there was no way I was going to work today. Looks like I'll have to tomorrow, though. Darn, I was hoping for a really LONG Christmas break!
We just paid some teens from our row of townhomes to dig out both of our cars for just $10.

I'm uploading pics right now and will post them in a bit.

Oh, and to answer Amy's question...Lakewood officially got 30", and this ranks as the 5th biggest snowstorm on record.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pictures!

First, here's my car in the parking lot:

Here's the PT Cruiser:

Now you know why we were so happy to pay the kids $10 to dig them both out.

And some prettier pics of the trees:

The highs for the next 5 days aren't supposed to be higher than 36* F, so there is no way all of this will melt. We'll definitely have a white Christmas here!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! I am freezing and miserable just looking at all that snow! I think I'm gonna make some hot chocolate to warm up!

You will NOT hear me complaining about a lack of snow here!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG look at your car! You guys got a lot of snow. Its so beautiful, but I think Im going to go have to warm up and have a cup of hot chocolate, too.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
30" of snow is pretty impressive!
I love it when the trees are covered with snow and look pretty.

$10 was an absolute steal!!!!!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No fair! Send some of that snow to Memphis please!!!
(uhh....you can keep the ice though
)

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Love looking at those pictures -- they're so pretty -- but I am beyond delighted that it ain't here.
That was a steal you got on the shovelling!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got about 34 inches in Golden, I guess. It took hours for us to shovel out our driveway! The dogs running around the backyard look like seals swimming. They "surface" and then go under, LOL.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I talked to my friends last night in Englewood and they got about 2 feet. Her brother is visiting from Arizona for Christmas (Phoenix) and I told them they needed to get a picture of his Arizona license plates with all the snow around it. They spent about 3 hours shoveling out yesterday and only got 1 of the 4 cars out (their garage is off an alley and the car they got out was on the street). Brother has to travel down I-25 to get home and isn't sure when he's going to make it.

Their cats wanted to go outside yesterday (she allows them in the fenced back yard under supervision). Jake saw this cool new addition - a snow table and jumped on top of it. He learned really fast the physics of snow. They wished they had a camera to capture the look on his face as he sunk down into the snow. The outside visit didn't last too long.

$10 to shovel snow? What a steal!!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow Heidi!! incredible pictures! looks like you are going to have a white Christmas