It’s been a while!!!

fatedone

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My first foster kitten was in 2014, his name was Fonzie and he was THE hardest. Flat chest, underweight, the forums here and experienced members helped me grow him into the sweetest cat! My parents watched me raise him and fix him up, they immediately knew that he was going to be their forever baby. Then I had Pumpkin who was diagnosed with FTT, but she made it too! A happy barn cat with a big head! My last set was 8 kittens! I had the mamas help and that was a relief but still very hard! Now I have 1 without a mama and in perfect health so far. I’m guessing a dilute tortie with long hair. She’s likely going to be my second foster failure in a row. I’m also becoming an actual grandmother in July so likely my last foster kitten for a while again. We are luckily able to easily bottle feed this baby and she was born pretty large on April 17th. So today we dealt with some constipation, after about 8 minutes of stimulation she finally was able to relieve herself. So we’ve given some mineral oil for now, please let me know if there is a better option to kind of grease her up a bit! Here’s a couple photos for tax, and thank you all for any assistance!

IMG_5427.jpeg
IMG_5400.jpeg
IMG_5428.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thanks for the lovely update. I do remember you!

What a sweet looking kitten! If you are syringe or bottle feeding with powdered kitten formula, your best bet is to add 2-3 drops of olive oil to each feeding to keep things moving smoothly on a regular basis.

Is he gaining 6-10 grams daily?

Olive oil on a regular basis really helps. Keep us posted!