Its been a bad week

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm praying for CoCo. Eat pretty girl!

I can't help but blame myself for Hallie going through this. I should've picked up on things. Such as, she peed outside of her litter box on occasion, but I contributed it to her being older. I made a bad decision in not taking her to the Dr. earlier.

jessiecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah, no...I'm so sorry Hallie is not doing better (sorry I got the names mixed up). It took Baby a little while to get going with the fluids, too. Let's hope that's all it is.

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its okay about the names.
I'm hoping that's the deal with the fluids. Many prayers are going up for her. She is very loved and in the end I don't want her to suffer.

lovesmycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here is the lab work for Hallie before she went on 48 hours of fluids:

BUN: >130
Creatinine: 8.8
Phosphorus: >16.1

After 48 hours of fluids:

BUN: >130
Creatinine: 7.2
Phosphorus: 10.1

I went to visit her today. She seemed alittle bit perkier, but not Hallie. I don't like seeing her like that. It breaks my heart. If only I had taken her sooner.

jessiecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's good she seems a bit perkier. I know how hard it is to see them not being themselves. Try not to be too hard on yourself. Even if you are super vigilent you just can't see everything. Remember, generally by the time cats start showing something is wrong, it's pretty wrong! They are masters at hiding any illness. As you said, she is very much loved and she knows it. Give her some time.