It's a plethora of zucchini!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lemon-z...ad/detail.aspx That is the lemon zucchini bread recipe I plan to use.

I should be working on them now....but my 18 month old managed to knock down my tub of nail polish (and the jems and sparkles I used to have time to add to them) and one bottle shattered and I'm still recovering myself... and cleaning. My house smells like a nail salon....

Back on topic... DH picked 2 huge zucchini out yesterday. I need to post a picture of my LO holding one. Actually she didn't hold it too well... she tried to carry it and she was grunting in the process!

The other day someone gave my friend a zucchini the size of her 2 year old!! I think she said she had 11 cups once she finished grating it...which took her an hour!! I plan on using my food processor!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you! I checked it out and copied the recipe. Will be trying it this weekend. It looks super and the reviews were very good, too. I really like the All Recipes site.

(A zucchini the size of a 2-year old? That's the stuff nightmares are made of!!!)

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Winchester

I love your garden bounty! Those tomatoes look wonderful! I would love to be able to enjoy one of those beauties!!!

I'll get some zucchini recipes posted, if not tonight, then tomorrow.

I'd like others to share their recipes, too, please! I need all the zucchini recipes I can find!

You know, somebody on another board mentioned that they had bitter-tasting cukes and one of my GFs here at work had some beautiful cukes, but when she tasted them, they were bitter. Not tasty at all. Could it have something to do with all the rain back during the spring and now no rain and the high temps?
Thanks! Looking forward to them.

Here's an easy way to do zucchini. Slice and put in a zip lock baggie along with a sweet onion (Vidalia or red). Add some Italian salad dressing. Let marinade for several hours and either grill on the outdoor grill or cook in a skillet. Yum!!

BTW my zuchinnis aren't bitter, only the cukes.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok check out these pics I snapped yesterday:

She was grunting trying to pick it up...

Thats a regular butter-knife.

This was as close to getting her to pick it up as I could get...she wasn't feeling like cooperating

Veggie drawer of my refrigerator. I also have a nearly full large basket on the counter with more....and one or two on a shelf too....