It's a Girl!

ckblv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

Some of you may have read the thread I started about the poor little kitty who was living on my patio. I got it in a carrier this morning and off we went to my vet. They just called me---it's a girl!
They are guestimating her age at 8 years ( I knew she was at least 5 y.o ), negative for feline leuk (huge load of my mind), and not pregnant! Yea! Also not spayed, apparently. Boo! I asked them to keep her overnight and do the spay in the morning so she didn't have the trauma of all those car rides. She's had her rabies & feline leuk vaccinations, they're going to treat her for fleas so she's be in good shape when I pick her up tomorrow afternoon, she's dehydrated so they're pushing fluids, and she's eating like a hog.

I'm so tickled she's a girl for some reason. And I'm so totally pissed off that someone not only let her outside to fend for herself, but let an 8 y/o unspayed female outside to fend for herself.
What in the world is wrong with people!
Anyway, congratulations are in order; I'm a new Meowmy!
That is so cool, congratulations. Thank you for saving her life.

mrphil

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yay! The world is a little better. How about Cinderella because you saved her from the evil step mother family.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An update on Hannah (yes, Hannah
). Took her to the vet this morning to have her stitches removed, but she'd already managed to get them out all by herself. What a talented little girl. She was 5.2 pounds last Tuesday; today she weighed in at 6.7 lbs!
What a little piggy she's turned out to be!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on your new addition! I have a Hannah. Her "full" name is Hannah Grace.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Hannah. Her "full" name is Hannah Grace.
What a pretty name! I've been calling my girl Hannah Jo.

krz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on Hannah!! How are things between her and your group? I have been taking your advice about introducing my stray boy, Tobey, to my gang. Most of mine seem scared and want to be left alone, he justs wants to get close to them. I have been fostering a 7 year old and have not been successful in finding him a good home, so he is just going to stay here with us. He had an URI that cleared up but now his tear ducts are clogged so he is still in isolation for another 10 days. So I guess he too will go through introductions soon.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hannah is the one still doing most of the minor hissing, altho Katie (age 2 1/2 and once the oldest female in the group) has taken a swat or 2 at her. Then again, Katie swats at everyone, including me. The rest still aren't sure about her, but a couple of them will actually eat treats off the same plate with her---as long as she's not TOO close.
I think they're doing pretty good at this point.
Sounds as if your Tobey is doing ok, too. It just takes time for all the different little personalities to adjust. Hope your foster improves and he becomes integrated into the household with no problems.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She got quite a tune up! Congrats on your new girl