It's a ferret! It's an extra-large rat! It's a.....wet cat??

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shiraz21

Ok i'm a new mom here so forgive me, but are you supposed to give cats baths? i thought they just did it themselves?? maybe this should go in the care section but i thought it was appropriate for the pics
mine get baths when they are flea-ridden (see above) or have gotten into something really stinky. also, i wet-wiped Mouse when she was sick, because she had peed on herself, poor baby!

lil_axl_gurl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shiraz21

Ok i'm a new mom here so forgive me, but are you supposed to give cats baths? i thought they just did it themselves?? maybe this should go in the care section but i thought it was appropriate for the pics
I just do it because it makes me feel better knowing that he is perfectly clean. I believe it helps keeps the fleas away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wenzee

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OH my gosh - axl_gurl and laureen!!! LOVE IT!!! I laughed very "out loud" when I first saw the picture of your black kitty all wet, axl!!

My kitties get baths about twice a year. They obviously groom themselves allll the time....but I give Safari baths just to make his fur nice and soft and good-smelling. And I leave Petoskey's baths to the professional groomer cuz his fur is way too long for me to try to deal with!