TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now it's 41 C (106 F) with the humidex!!! ::censor::censor::censor::

juniper

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know, it's horrible! I've never had AC in my life, and wasn't planning to change that this summer, but after like five or six straight days of 30+ weather, and hearing that it was going to stay that way at least until Monday, I broke down yesterday and went to Canadian Tire and bought an air conditioner (and even installed it myself, which I was afraid to do) because I just couldn't stand it anymore! It's now a comfy 23 degrees in my apartment (it was 31 when I plugged it in yesterday!), thank god (the cats are happy too). Had to go and buy cat food and litter today, though, and almost died on the bus - I think they *are* air conditioned, but people open the windows which kind of ruins it. And here I was expecting another cold summer like last year!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Having grown up in Montreal, I know what you Ontarians are talking about, and I don't envy you one tiny bit. It's early for those extremes, though! I sure hope it breaks soon, and you get some relief.

We've been working on lows of 11 or 12 and highs in the upper teens (celsius -- low 50s to mid 60s F) for a while, and continuing for a few days at least. Some sun, some cloud, some rain. I think I won't complain.