Itchy legs?!

rone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also have red bumps & dry patches. When it flares up I use Cortaid hand cream and a prescription only topical ointment. I will get the name when I get home, it starts with D and has e, x, & m in it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

you do have shingles right hon? could it be you having an issue with it again? OR have you been around any other animals (trout aside) lately? sat in the grass at all??? added dry carpet deoderizer to your floor then sat on the carpet? It could be a number of things.

I would take a nice Aveeno bath for now and put some Cortizone on it until you can get in and have your doctor tell you for sure what it is.
I know its not shingles..I only get the shingles rash on the side of my hip and its about the size of a twoonie.

I have been outside at my family gathering...but if it was bug bites, wouldn't they have bitten my feet and ankles? Not behind my knees?

Originally Posted by Roimata

LOL I think she was joking.
I know she was joking

Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I have eczema and I do get bumps, as well as flaky red patches. I am lucky.

My thought is a heat rash though. How does it feel now?
Its fine throughout the day unless I start scratching it. Once I pay attention to it, its itches.

I do workout alot and get pretty sweaty behind there.. I wonder if the combo between sweat and maybe an allergic reaction to my detergent could be the culprit?

Originally Posted by Roimata

Kinda odd.....but could it be poison ivy? I know its only on the back of your knees...but I recently got posion ivy and I had weird itchy bumps on my stomach, hip, hand, arm, and wrist lol. Very spread out, just tiny seperated bumps.
Nah, I haven't been in the bush at all lately...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like hives actually. Is the itch a prickly kind and the more you scratch the more you want to scratch?

Chances are you are having a reaction to something that came into contact with the backs of your knees...perhaps a chemical that was on a chair you sat down on when wearing shorts.

Take some Benadryl. If you are going to be driving, take the nondrowsey kind and wash the area with cold water and pat dry. Don't irritate it by rubbing. You can also apply some hydrocortisone cream.