Itchy cat after change of diet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capecodcatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

It's done wonders for my cats' coats and skin during the dry spell/with radiator heat. They like it, it's good for them and they don't itch as much.

I'd err on the side of having a senior panel and/or allergy panel the next time you go to the vet, just to be safe. You never know what kinds of issue the skin thing could or could not be signalling.
I'll ask my favorite store about the Grizzley. If kitties love it, then maybe my little finick-head will too!

I'll talk to the vet next time she's in about the itchy skin, and if the scratching doesn't stop, the next visit will be very soon!

capecodcatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

KICKS self //// what is the humidity leavel in your house>??? Is it drier than a few weeks ago??
Yep, less humid. Now I'm kicking self over here, too, for Frontlining my indoor kitty after a thorough inspection that turned up no evidence of fleas.

capecodcatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

Wow. No, I really wasn't saying that you have an emergency on your hands, I merely suggested that if she hasn't had a senior panel drawn recently, it might be a good time to do so - but ok, I have now reread ... and won't be making any more mountains for you. I'll bow out of this thread now, sincerely wishing you the best.
I just re-read my response, Gayef, and sorry. I didn't mean too come on so strong. I was tired and it didn't read that way to me when I previewed it. I appreciate your input.

best regards back to you

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ForTheFurballs

Here's a site that explains what I'm talking about better than I can. http://www.felinecrf.org/nutritional...ments.htm#EFAs
They talk about 5:1 n-6 to n-3 (I don't know where they got those numbers) but commonly used diet ingredients already contain a large amount of omega-6 so there's going to be a decreased need for n-6 in a supplement.

And about Flax Seed Oil http://www.felinecrf.org/holistic_tr...#flax_seed_oil
In particular, "Cats can only obtain arachidonic acid from animal products, so if you want to give your cat an essential fatty acids oil, consider a fish-based oil instead. "
I do know where they got those numbers give a while to remember( no tea yet) ..... those numbers vary by researcher I have seen them as high as 10 to 1 and as low as 2 to 1

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by capecodcatmom

Yep, less humid. Now I'm kicking self over here, too, for Frontlining my indoor kitty after a thorough inspection that turned up no evidence of fleas.
I thought about it when I got my humidifier out