Itching.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just switched Tyson over to the venison and pea food, I also ordered the wet food on-line, he loves wet food!!!! I am so glad that he is not picky because I don't think he likes the food very much but he eats it anyway
He is such a good boy. I really hope this works, I will kepp you updated!

On a side note - the food costs lots of $$$$ 15.00 for a small bag, and the cans are $12 for 6 cans...... Anything to make him feel better

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tyson is on his second round of revolution, any fleas that he had would have been gone by now......

The itching doesn't seem as severe but he is still scratching a little.

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am at my witts end..... I don't know what is left to try. Tyson has been on the venison and pea food now for a couple weeks and nothing seems to be happening. He is still itching and pulling his fur out. And I am pulling my hair out...... What else can I do??????

ripley601

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Negs, my Cleo had horrible skin problems. Keep up the olive oil flax seed oil ect..That will help. Also after doing a bunch of research and looking for more natural solutions (how I found out about the flax seed and fatty acids ect..) one site I was on which was excellent ..sorry I thought I had it book marked but I guess not. Suggested 2 things that I hadn't thought of or tried. 1) some cats are allergic to ..of all things CHICKEN
So I went through all the canned food and dried foods in my pet smart and bought only ones that didn;t have some sort of chicken in it. I literally pulled a can out of everything and sat on the floor and read the ingredients.
2) what kind of dish are you using to feed Tyson? If its porcelin get rid of it. If it is ceramic, get rid of it. If it has any kind of paint on it get rid of it. No plastic either. Glass or metal only. Some of the chemicals in the food and water bowls can cause allergies, rashes and pimples. I did those 2 things and Cleo is much better.

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ripley - Thanks for the info and the website, it is very interesting.... Have you tried any of these holistic approaches to healing your cat???? What type of food do you feed???

I have ceramic bowls with paint on them, I will get rid of them when I go home and use the glass bowls that I have.

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am desperate. I am at my last resort, steroid shots. I don't want to do it but nothing else has worked????? There has to be an explaination for the itching and a way to make it stop.

The itching is only located on the back half of his body. Not near his butt, but near his spine and around the sides of his belly. He has NO hair there anymore and continues to itch.

Does anyone have any ideas?????

He has been to the vet many times and she doesn't know what the problem is

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ask the vet about Z/D ultra food... Has the vet tried benadryl??

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have an appointment with her tomorrow, so I will ask about the food! We were going to put him on special food!

We have tried various antihistimines (Spelling???)

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tyson got his shot this morning. He got Depo Medrol. The vet said if this shot works then it is not a food allergy

I am so confused and only want the best for him. I love him so much and he has had such a hard life all I want is for him to be happy and healthy.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
well heres to hoping you get this figured out soon..

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just an update....

Cross your fingers but I think Tyson may be cured. I have no idea if it was the steroids or the seasons changing?

Thank God