Itching eye till red - should I give benadryl?

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
To everyone with itchy eye cats - I feel your pain. If it's accompanied by tiny hard bumps, and random other bumps, it could be gnats. Those tiny flies that like fruit. I squished one and it had blood in it. Got rid of the gnats, finished a very long, expensive, depressing and frustrating battle in victory. NO MORE ITCHING until it bleeds. She looks great. This happened because she rubbed blood all over her head, I put the cap on not realizing I should have washed her head first (couldn't really see it except it was slightly shiny when fresh). It dried into a horrible crust that took hours a day, day after day for over a week to delicately remove.
She also had a major issue with a scab on her ear she wouldn't leave alone.

So, get rid of the gnats! Hunt them. Make DIY traps with water and dried fig. It's basically a bottle with a paper funnel tapped in the mouth of the bottle.

Trust me, I did the food thing (she loves raw goat now), many tests, feeder game, operations, internal echo, revolution, deworming, cortisone shots, cortisone lotion, aloe, coconut oil, salves, natural medicinal plant topical treatment, the kitty has seen it all.
>>>> Yesterday!!!
I seriously considered having to euthanize her at one point because it seemed so hopeless. It kept happening and took so long to heal, plus she would get the cap off and destroy herself. So disheartening. Don't give up!!!!!!!
I know this is an old post but ure cats eye looks like my cats eye recently n its taking forever to heal..Vet says herpes...Wish i knew how u stopped it....