21rouge

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've had free samples of their ancestral grain dry from my vet (they sell a few brands of cat food, and had got this in to try). Asha seemed to really like it, but I wasn't mad about the amount of grains and carbs in it. This grain free version looks much better. It's a little odd to see so many fruits in cat food (I suspect they're put in more for human appeal than for their nutritional benefits) but other than that it looks pretty good :thumbsup: It has a really decent protein content too. If it fits your budget and your cat's tastes, then go for it :D

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
It seems like a lot contain potatos, which some cats don't tolerate well, but since you're only feeding this once in a while, it should be okay.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

21rouge

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the replies.
I am just surprised that they have a lineup which advertises as having "grains" (spelt and oats)...ancient or otherwise ;).

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Farmina is known among dog people to be very high-quality. The cat food ingredients look decent to me but nothing really special :dunno:. It's out of my price range anyway, lol.