It is so hot today

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got back from my lunch break and it is so hot outside for May. It is 93 degrees, yesterday was 96!
I do not want to even think about what it's gonna be like in June and July
I guess I need to get the ac in my car fixed, or I am just gonna fry.

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i would love that kind of sun over here, we never get it that hot, bet your gettin a great tan though

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carrie- Actually I have no tan! I get sooooo bored laying out and end up going inside. I decided I was going to have a tan this year. I laid out 2 Saturdays in a row and then gave it up

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yer im the same, i get so bored, so i now just use sunbeds, alot quicker and easier

caspar

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a cyclist's tan: tan arms, legs, and face with white hands from wearing bicycle gloves. I never lay out in the sun. My hobby gets me the tan. Living out in the country and driving a tractor also affords a nice tan along with the wrinkles of pre-mature sun aging. You ladies in the UK, feel lucky, and by all means, stay away from those tanning beds.

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ive been thinking of getting that new spray on tan "st tropez" i been going on sunbeds much to long now

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with you Caspar, it's not worth the wrinkles, and risks of cancer to get a tan. Personally, I just don't care. If I am white, then I am white. (I don't think I am ghostly pale or anything) Sure I look better with some sun, my bf always comments when I get a little on my face, but it's not that big of a deal to me.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

I agree with you Caspar, it's not worth the wrinkles, and risks of cancer to get a tan. Personally, I just don't care. If I am white, then I am white. (I don't think I am ghostly pale or anything) Sure I look better with some sun, my bf always comments when I get a little on my face, but it's not that big of a deal to me.
I'm with you - just because I AM a grandmother doesn't mean that I want to LOOK like one. If I need any color, there's a bottle of foundation and cake of blush on the makeup table.

Living in southern AZ, we're waiting for the ice to break, on the Santa Cruz River*. That's how we celebrate our first 100-degree day. Looks as though it won't hit, until after the first of June, though. We're holding steady, in the high 80s and low 90s and breezy. We had scattered sprinkles, around town this AM. My windshield was smeary, when I left for work.

*The Santa Cruz is a dry riverBED, teeming with "sand sharks" and "log salmon".

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's been in the upper 90's here all day, and I love the warm weather, but what a day for my air conditioner to break down!
So, I've been waiting all day for someone to come and fix it and they finally said they wouldn't be able to get out here until tomorrow! They advised that I try leaving it off for about 1/2 hour because it may be frozen? (It is a window unit and I had left it running for the benefit of the fan.) Well hurray!
When I turned it back on about 10 minutes ago it's working properly!!! I'm so glad! I had put out my box fans, and poor Sierra was actually sitting directly in front of the fan! It was so hot in here! Now it's starting to get a little chilly.
Thanks for listening to my story about my day!
Stephanie

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know how you feel! Our ac quit working on Sunday, it got up to 84 in the apartment. I called the office but being Sunday, they wouldn't send anyone out. So we waited until Monday and the ac started working again, all by itself. When the guy came to look at it, he couldn't find anything wrong.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes it is hot
96 here in Georgia . I was dragging the last few days
. I sure don't look forward to July and August .
I don't sun bath any more , we have to much sun already as it is .
I don't need a tan really when thinking of that kind of heat we have here . I guess I just tan when I have to walk around on the outside

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
84?! Wow, you must have been miserable! Wish I had a thermometer in the house today! That's not really funny, but you just have to laugh at the AC just starting to work again!
The last time they came out to fix my AC, it wasn't really broken, just one little switch I didn't know needed to be in a certain position.
I kind of wanted to ask the technician not to tell anyone about that.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's just the way it always works. My car makes a funny noise, send bf to look at it and it acts fine. I am glad he was around to back my story on the ac not working. It was pretty hot. I had trouble sleeping that night, I always turn it down to 71 when I go to bed. Just got my electric bill, you can definately tell its about summer
I am on the 3rd floor at that, it practically doubles this time of year.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

84?! Wow, you must have been miserable! Wish I had a thermometer in the house today! That's not really funny, but you just have to laugh at the AC just starting to work again!
The last time they came out to fix my AC, it wasn't really broken, just one little switch I didn't know needed to be in a certain position.
I kind of wanted to ask the technician not to tell anyone about that.
OMG how funny

That really sounds like me
. But please don't tell any one

cabbie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sure hasn't been that hot up here, we've only had a couple of days where it has been really hot, the rest of the time we have been plagued with overcast cold gloomy days, it has basically been raining non stop up here since last Thursday and in many parts of Southern Ontario, there were 3-4 tornadoes. In fact last Saturday night, the sky got so black it was like someone turned out the lights

In US terms it has only been 50F, 20 degrees cooler than what it should be

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooooh i love the heat
, i love Florida as well, been there 4 times!

I refuse to get my face tanned(premature ageing and all that!), and i'm always careful about sitting in the sun.

It's quite sunny here today but no where near in the 90's

Give me some sun, a pool, some shade, a good book in one hand and a glass of something in the other

jeeperscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carrie: St. Tropez tan rocks, I always have it done for special occasions in the summer time. I get it done at a salon tho' not brave enough to do it myself.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been overcast and rainy a lot in southern Minnesota, I know we need the rain for the crops and gardens, but I want some nice sunny days too!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lori- Send us some rain, and I will send you the sun! It is supposed to be 95 and sunny here again today. We really could use some rain. At this point I don't even think I would mind of it rained over the holiday weekend.