It Is Official

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 4:30, Friday, December 28, 2018 I retired. I was STUNNED by my co workers. They had cake for me in our lunch room and many who had the day off came in to say good bye. I received many cards and gifts too. I have never been hugged so many times in my life! I am not a hugger. Even my customers got into the act with hugs, gifts and invitations to lunch. While I will miss the people I will NOT miss the stress of holidays, proms and recitals! Now when I arrange flowers it will be for my own pleasure. I did absolutely nothing yesterday, but today will be another matter. Grooming cats, shopping and cleaning are on the agenda.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!

I have a gray-haired friend who's a doctor. She retired about a year ago and celebrated by getting her hair died turquoise and fuchsia. It looks really good on her.

Margret

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on your retirement!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!

I have a gray-haired friend who's a doctor. She retired about a year ago and celebrated by getting her hair died turquoise and fuchsia. It looks really good on her.

Margret
I don’t think I will be doing that. Too much upkeep.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!

Have you planned what you're going to do now that you have some time to yourself?

Like N NY cat man , I find I'm as busy as ever and still getting up at the crack of dawn, but unpaid. :lol:
Oh yes I have plans! I am now starting to breed my Persians again - just waiting for Sterling and Camie to get it right. LOL. Of course we will be showing as much as possible. Also going to learn to use my Canon SLR better so my photos improve. I think I may begin painting again and try my hand at writing. I have actually had several people tell me I should write a gardening book (like the world needs another!). I may try writing again - I have done a few articles for CAt Talk magazine, or I may even try blogging. First I am going to get all the cats coats in shape and clean the house top to bottom. Declutter and organize. It is amazing the amount of stuff you accumulate over the course 26 years in one house! First and foremost though is I am going to love up on my pets!

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That sounds like a good plan. Congrats on your retirement. May it be long and happy.

If you show Persians again, will you be coming to Atlanta? I usually go to the TICA show and CFA if I don't have a conflict. I go with the shelter who always bring several to show. Did you show in the 70s and 80s? I have a friend, who is originally from England, and showed Persians mostly in the SE. She stopped several years ago due to age.

Whatever you do enjoy. You earned it!

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The farthest south I have shown is North Carolina. I live in New England. I got involved in showing about 16 years ago. I never stopped showing, just have slowed down since we have lost so many shows.