It has now been officialy 5 days

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dont_eat_bambi

I quit cold turkey about six month ago. I was up to about a pack a day (give or take a few cigs) I feel so much better now and I now realize how bad it smells. Ive hardly had any cravings at all and I have been around lots of people smoking. I have on the other hand had a dreams about smoking though. It seemed very real.

Keep up the good work! I promise everyone can quit. Its just you have to want to do it & not give in.

I keep trying to get my boyfriend to quit ( he lied and said he had when I quit) I keep finding packs that are empty around the apartment. I dont know what to do about that.
Whatever you do, don't hassle him about it. I think it is much much harder for some people to get out of their addiction. I would just tell him you know he is still smoking, but that you would like to help him quit and will support him. That is much more likely to get him to quit than anything else.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am cutting way down on my cigerettes, I only smoke 1/2 pack a day now, sometimes I smoke more if I am drinking.

We also don't smoke in our house anymore, we go outside now.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cut back too. I ordered smoke away but it is on back order. I went from over a pack to betw 6-8 a day for the last week

It's tough & I know it will get harder when I quit. Which is why I keep asking how everyone is doing. Encouragement for you & us who haven't quit!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Since I had my last cigarette
I really did not want to quit, as strange as that sounds, but I really needed that money
I have more of a habitual addiction, and there are definitely some times I am seriously jonesing, and being on the puter is one. I swear I am literally salivating for a cigarette right now
According to the "experts" the nicotine takes 3 days to get out of your system, so that is long gone, but it usually takes about a moth to 2 months to end my habit twinges. I have quit before a few times, and 6 months seems to be my breaking point, I always restarted after that long
My DH is the exact same way. He's gone over 2 months right now and still says.. He doesn't want to quit. Even though he knows it's better for him (and financially for us) He likes smoking, likes how it made him feel, liked how it tasted Etc.! But I think he'll do fine, just needs to keep working! You will do fine too! Just take it one day at a time, one craving at a time. Find little things to fill in those times you normally would smoke. Chew gun, nibble on a straw, anything to fill it out somewhat. They also say if you get a craving, drink some water and wait 15 minutes, if you still have the craving, do it again! And waters good for you! (and calorie free!)

Godd luck honey!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

I've never ever smoked a cigarette. I've never been able to see the point.
Good for you for not having to struggle with the addiction. It's a horrible habit, and it's absolutely a tremendous victory when the habit can be kicked. I know, because I've been there before, although I am smoking again currently. Ugh. I know how frustrating it is to fall off the wagon.

Katie, great job in quitting smoking! It will get easier with time...hang in there!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Way to go!
Smoking is a very addictive habbit and I've known many people to struggle with this addiction, so it is great that you are taking the care to quit!

Sending vibes for the cravings to pass quickly!