IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!!!!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After working at my job for almost 12 years, and being passed over time after time after time, I finally

GOT A PROMOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am one of 2 Quality Control Coordinators and start my training tomorrow. Of all the positions I have tried for, this is the one I wanted the most! It has been over 8 years since they posted for it.

I knew about this on Thursday, but I had to wait until today for it to be official.  No more taking calls from irate customers and having to talk constantly every day!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!!!! You definitely deserve it!! 

So what does a quality control coordinator do? 

Do you know when you call a call center you get the line "This call may be recorded for quality assurance"?  I will be listening to those calls and scoring the rep on what they did nor did not do during the call.

x2006nkg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
YEYYY!!! Congrats!! As someone who has worked in a call centre environment before, I know how excited you must be to not have to take calls anymore 

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahhh, you're the QA person (that's kind of what I thought but I wasn't sure)....be prepared to be buttered up with cookies, fudge and other goodies 
. Not that it helps but it's a perk! I used to sit next to the QA guy at our contract and he always had goodies given to him. It's kind of a running joke in our contract and new hires actually fall for it (not that he minds at all!)

I'll be honest with you, that is one job I could not do. I have had to pull calls doing research if I'm not sure what the question is and I HATE listening to other people's calls. Heck, I hate listening to my own calls. I guess it's the hindsight thing but I always think I could have handled it better than I did. Or, if it's someone else's call I just want to take it over. I would definitely not be good at doing QA's but I'm sure you will be great!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my first day on the new job went very well. It is a very small department, there are only 6 of us. We share the room with the 3 trainers. There is a lot of joking and the department is very laid back. I am going to be very happy there!