It. Has. Been. A. Week.

sweetdz99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats, all 7 of them have been going through it the past couple of weeks. 5 of them have been adjusting to living with me and losing their main caregiver in sept but that is not the reason for thsle post. We are finding ourselves coping and healing together.

The reason for the post is to talk about how my cats --- 5 are 9, 1 is 7 and 1 is 6 --- are alot. Lol. 2 weeks ago, there was really loose 💩 in the litter box. I had to put cameras up to find out who was doing it. So, I got him, gave him probiotoc for a few days and he was great. Then my 6 year old had an ear issue. So, I took her in the bathroom cleaned her ears and treated them for ear mites. 20 mins of hell. I was sweating, her hair was sticking to me and she was pissed. 2 days later, ear was great. Then... there was 💩 on the floor, not just any 💩..a wet one.. then another and another snd another. I didn't have to put cameras up to know who, only 1 was hiding. But get this, the 💩 had no smell. None! I was baffled. I googled and googled and made an appt for her. Tapeworms and suspected salmonella! Salmonella from these fresh pet cat food things I bought thinking they were less carbs for my diabetic cat. So 3 had that. It was a poop filled week. I couldn't keep up. These guys will be the death of me! Lol

Last edited:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the 💩 had no smell. None! I was baffled. I googled and googled and made an appt for her. Tapeworms and suspected salmonella! Salmonella from these fresh pet cat food things I bought thinking they were less carbs for my diabetic cat. So 3 had that. It was a poop filled week. I couldn't keep up. These guys will be the death of me! Lol
We are taking one of our 13 to the vet tomorrow because she has watery poop that has a sort of floral scent to it. I mean, it smells disgusting, but it smells more like rotting flowers masked in perfume than cat poop. We had to sequester her in one of the rooms because the some of the other cats have been ganging up on her. What the heck can cause floral-smelling cat poop!?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
All of these cats are lucky to have great guardians and to have found those who stepped up for them when they might not have had a chance. As for your house turning into a MASH unit... that is exactly what it feels like. I have found that these things run in cycles for some reasons, sometimes logical but infuriating like the Fresh Pet food, and sometimes random.

The other night when I was trying to get the very elderly dog off the floor using his body harness, one of the cats walked by and threw up on the dog.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetdz99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We are taking one of our 13 to the vet tomorrow because she has watery poop that has a sort of floral scent to it. I mean, it smells disgusting, but it smells more like rotting flowers masked in perfume than cat poop. We had to sequester her in one of the rooms because the some of the other cats have been ganging up on her. What the heck can cause floral-smelling cat poop!?
Id say definitely something that she ate. What color is it?

sweetdz99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All of these cats are lucky to have great guardians and to have found those who stepped up for them when they might not have had a chance. As for your house turning into a MASH unit... that is exactly what it feels like. I have found that these things run in cycles for some reasons, sometimes logical but infuriating like the Fresh Pet food, and sometimes random.

The other night when I was trying to get the very elderly dog off the floor using his body harness, one of the cats walked by and threw up on the dog.
Lol poor dog. It sure does come in waves. The vet said for things like ear mites and tapeworms, treat them all. Very good chances they all have it. So ill be doing that. The 5 are great medicine takers at least there's that lol.

sweetdz99

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Luna had that kind. With no smell. I don't know if tape worms caused that or the salmonella bacteria. But she was treated with a dewormer by the vet and I had to give a packet of fortiflora by purina a day for 3 days, as long as the poo was firming up I could then give her 1/2 a packet.