It All Started With The Hairball....

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not a big fan of Mondays. I've always said I was allergic to Mondays. Especially Monday mornings. It's just such a rotten day when you have to work.

Dragged my sorry butt out of bed this morning at 4:45. Stood up and stepped on a hairball. There's nothing worse than stepping on a squishy hair ball. Stepping on a hairball on Monday morning is ten times as bad. I knew right then and there that I should just go back to bed.

Rick went to leave for work. His truck wouldn't start. He had just used it yesterday to bring home window and door trim. But nope, nothing, nada. He came back into the house, cussing a blue streak and said, "I'm taking your :censored: car!" OK, fine. I got in the shower and he came roaring into the bathroom. "I took the wrong :censored: car keys! Where are the :censored: keys to the :censored: Tucson?" I told him and he finally got out of the house.

So there I am, taking the first shower in the new shower (we had to seal the grout yesterday and we don't have shower doors yet), and life is good. And then, the tension shower rod fell down. With the shower curtain. On me. In the shower. Dang. I got the water turned off, got the curtain off of me, got dried off and put the tension rod back up. And watched it fall down again. It's broken. Dang again.

Dried my hair, brushed my teeth, all that good stuff. Walked out of the bathroom....and right onto another hair ball in the hallway. Another really squishy hair ball. For the third time, dang. At that point, I just hung my head down and stood there for a minute or so, contemplating how nice the bed would feel. But I cleaned up said hair ball, made my coffee, fed the kids their after-breakfast snack and came into work.

I made it to work anyway. And, so far? I'm alive.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
At least there are no hairballs at work.

Congrats on getting the shower done. Make Rick hold the shower curtain up while you shower. Just make sure he can't reach the cold water control.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Actually, the cold water faucet is an ongoing game with Rick and me. While one is taking a shower, the other one will sometimes sneak in the bathroom, reach in, and crank the cold water up. We both tried locking the door, but we have keys, so it doesn't work. We tried taking showers together, but then the first one out of the shower can turn the cold water on the one who's still in. Lots of nasty words can be exchanged.

I've also been known to sneak in with a pitcher of cold water out of the fridge and dump it on Dear Richard. He is not amused. When the new shower door comes in, we won't be able to do that anymore. I'll have to think of something else.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
You can still turn on every hot water faucet in the house and add the washing machine and the dishwasher.

Or, if you have a valve that turns off all the water to the house, you can wait until he's nice and soapy and then turn all the water off. If you do that, I'd suggest jumping into Clarence and running for your life.

Or you can soak his towel in ice water. That's especially good if you tie it into a tight knot first. Or do the same to his underwear.

Put a stick or something like that in the shower door track so he can't open it to get out.

If you use liquid soap, dump part of it and fill it with potent dollar store perfume. Mix well. Or fill the soap dispenser with bubble bath, thickened with 1/4 C Karo syrup to make the bubbles last longer. Mix well and let sit a while.

Are you saying I'm a devious dastard? :devilish::flail:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
:flail::flail:

Somebody back at the paper plant tied my flannel shirt into knots, soaked it down with water and stuck it in the freezer for the night. I didn't notice it was missing until it was time to go home. *shaking my head* I got him back the next night, around 3:00 in the morning when he was all stretched out on a table napping. I had put a pitcher of cold water in the freezer as soon as I got to work that night. I crept over with the water and dumped it on his crotch. He woke up in a hurry and told me he was going to make me suffer. I walked around the rest of the week waiting for the axe to fall. The last morning of the shift, I was walking out to my car to go home and he came around the front of a truck with a bucket of water. I was soaked. (I didn't mind playing tricks, but I had two rules: 1. Do nothing to my hair, and 2. Do NOT wet the front of my t-shirt. The guys abided by that, except for that one time. He said I was going home anyway, so that time it didn't matter.)

But then there was the time, that he picked up a bottle of baby powder to "pretend" to dump it on my head. Only somebody had loosened the top of the baby powder, and 15 ounces of the stuff ended up in my hair. That was interesting and I stood under an air hose, trying to blow my hair clean. And then I killed the guy who did it.

Third shifts used to be interesting. Especially when I was the only woman on the crew. I got picked on a lot, but always managed to give it back....the other guys were always too willing to help me.