Issues With Using Litter Box

beckkahh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have three cats, a 5 year old calico, 3 year old tabby and a 6 month old tabby. I have never had any problems with my calico or cats in the past. Then I got Mekah my three year old tabby. At the time she was 5 months old. She went from being an indoor kitten to being a barn cat and she did not like that and also had developed serious health issues, this is when I adopted her. After gettign her to the vet and healthy it didn't take long to litter trainer again. 

Originally the issue started when my mother (who did not like Mekah for very stupid and immature reasons) would be mean to her, not abusive but would yell at her and make fun of her. Which began Mekahs revenge. She would only ever pee on my mothers stuff and it would generally only happen after she had yelled at her for no reason. 

Shortly after this Mekah became very picky with her litter and would not use it if it had already been used even once. I purchased a cat genie and it cleans after every use. However she still will poop directly infornt of the box if it is not to her standards or if its cleaning. My mother has since moved out and taken all of her stuff with her. But now I find that when my dad comes to visit (this also means his girlfriend, her daughter and her jack russel also come) that Mekah will pee on things, and only when the dog comes. We know she knows what she does it wrong because she will not go anywhere near my boyfriend(she has claimed him as her person, she loves him and their relationship is rather cute) but she refuses to go near him or look at him if she has done this. 

And of course there is the kitten! He of course has picked up every bad habit that both my older females have including pooping on the floor and occasionally peeing in a spot Mekah has or in a damp area (the back end of my house is under renovations and when it rains it leaks and makes the concrete damp and in turn Tuukka will pee there. 

I have tried everything! We have scrubbed the areas with floor cleaner and bleach. Ive adjusted the cat genie settings. I have asked my dad to not bring the jack russel into the house unless it is to go to bed where she is in the room with them and the door shut! That seemed to help with the peeing on random stuff but I would really like to try and fix this problem as it is a very annoying and disgusting problem.\

Please Help!

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First off, how many litter boxes do you have?  The golden rule, is one litter box for each cat + one extra.  So you should have at least 4 litter boxes.  Cats need their own space and one litter box for 3 cats is just not enough.

Here is a link to another thread where some suggestions were made on litter box issues.

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/284821/cat-wont-stop-peeing-outside-of-the-litter-box