Issue with House cat bullying Ferals!

misstorri

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I have a group of Feral's who live in my backyard. About 4mths ago I noticed a massive long haired Calico comming to eat their food. Ok, no problem so far. I figure she's a house cat b/c of her massive size and her perfectly quaffed fur! She is ALWAYS brushed! I just figured she didnt want to take the trouble of going back inside and eating then wanting to be let out again. 

Then I notice my Ferals running from her everytime she comes around. Humph! Then I start hearing cat fights at night. One night she tore open one of my Ferals ear! Luckily I was able to treat the feral b/c I can handle her. Then more fights ensued and she started bullying my ferals and spraying my yard! 

One of my indoor cats started spraying all the windows to try and protect our house! He's used to our Ferals and absolutley loves them, but he hates this cat!!! (Of coarse he's neutered) I am also pregnant and I honestly think he is trying to protect me! 

Anyway DH and I have taken to chasing this cat out of our yard (Which breaks my heart) for fear of medical bills to treat the strays from her wrath, and my own cat spraying everywhere while I am pregnant! I now have a pheremone (sp) collar on him which seems to help a little. 

Any suggestions on how to handle the situation? She is also now leaving the backyard and bothering my favorite Feral who lives out front of my house, who is a loner and will usually chase other cats off. She hates this cat, everyone does! 

I am at a complete and total loss! 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try to talk with the other owner?  Is the other cat spayed?  It can help some.

Otherwise, I too think you shall discourage her from visiting you...

Hope others fill in!

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misstorri

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im not quite sure of where she lives because she comes from my backyard. Nor do I know if she is spayed but her huge size suggests she may be. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im not quite sure of where she lives because she comes from my backyard.
The standard in such situations is to set a breakable collar on them. On that collar a capsule with message of your tel nr and name, and asking the owner to contact you.

If you dont like the idea of setting on a break upable collar on a cat, you can of course set up messages about her around your neighborhood.  Or knack the doors.... (or ask a kid to knack the doors, and earn this way a handfull of dollars).

I dont know if getting contact with the owner will solve your problems, but that is certainly a way to begin. If you dont want as yet to  frighen away this cat.

Last edited: