Isnt This The Cutest Thing You've Ever Seen!? (mama And Her Kittens)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
You know the more I read about this cat, the more concerned I am about her well-being. I notice you said she didn't hear very well due to ear mites. It is more likely that she is deaf. It is not uncommon in white, blue-eyed cats.

The other issue is the sun. When white cats are rehomed from shelters here (and probably in other parts of the world) they are only to go to places where the cats will be kept indoors. This is because they are very prone to skin cancer.

Honestly, Galixy Galixy , by far the best thing you can do for this girl, of whom you are obviously very fond, is to have her spayed and bring her inside so that she is safe and loved and can have a truly good life. :catrub:

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would definitely put the cute momma in the house with her kittens and keep her there even after the spay.. until the kittens are old enough to be given to good homes. (8 weeks minimum, older is recommended..) There are plenty of articles with great info on this site regarding spaying and neutering, as well as taking in stray cats, the best ways to care for them, etc. (I would personally read this one to get yourself informed first.) Remember, knowledge is power!!

Why don't you like spaying? Because it is (more so) intensive compared to neutering?? You shouldn't worry. However, I would tell the vet about her possible ear-mites before any spaying takes place. (Cats should be as healthy as possible before neutering and/or spaying.)

Let us know what you plan to do :).

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes. The diet shall also contain much fats - precisely as kitten foods does contain.
Give extra Calcium is good to, as they are several kittens, and she had several litter nearby. Such takes on her.

Feeding this nursing cat a high protein kitten food, preferably a canned wet food, and providing a lot of fresh water will really help her -- is she eating well?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know the more I read about this cat, the more concerned I am about her well-being. I notice you said she didn't hear very well due to ear mites. It is more likely that she is deaf. It is not uncommon in white, blue-eyed cats.

... :catrub:
I agree about the white, blue-eyed cats but I wanted to ask if the ear mites have been resolved yet? If the problem goes on long enough, lots of ear issues can develop along with bacterial infections, yeast, and severe outer/ middle/ inner ear injuries -- as recently shown in a Featured thread.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So the cat wont attract male cats. Also, so i wont have to ever deal with a dead kitten ever again.

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

The other issue is the sun. When white cats are rehomed from shelters here (and probably in other parts of the world) they are only to go to places where the cats will be kept indoors. This is because they are very prone to skin cancer.

Honestly, Galixy Galixy , by far the best thing you can do for this girl, of whom you are obviously very fond, is to have her spayed and bring her inside so that she is safe and loved and can have a truly good life. :catrub:
Well im not going to keep her inside all of the time in my eyes it is VERY cruel because she loves it a LOT outside. She would probably get mad at me too because of course she probably live outside since she was a kitten so its bad for a cat when their environment changes drastically. She is really good at hunting and she can still hear when things are a bit louder than they should be. Also, she can sense movement in the ground I can never sneak up on her EVER. So she is the pride jewl of the wild :3

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
:3

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know, I really think you should at least let the cat be inside for a night. If she starts meowing loudly and/or crying, trying to find a way back out, trying to get out through closed windows, etc. I would let her stay outside. On the other hand, if she does well inside it really should be something to consider. It would be the best option for her safety as long as she is happy inside.

However if she isn't being cooperative the next best thing you can do is make sure she is healthy and spayed. Check up on her daily.

Well, tell us what you decide to do.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well im not going to keep her inside all of the time in my eyes it is VERY cruel because she loves it a LOT outside. She would probably get mad at me too because of course she probably live outside since she was a kitten so its bad for a cat when their environment changes drastically. She is really good at hunting and she can still hear when things are a bit louder than they should be. Also, she can sense movement in the ground I can never sneak up on her EVER. So she is the pride jewl of the wild :3
And children would eat sweets until they get sick, would play in the rain till the get pneumonia, will run with sharp scisors if you let them till they fall and kill themselves...
Just because someone likes something, It doesn't mean It is good for him/her. If you get a pet, It is your responsibility to do the best for him or her, to keep the animal as safe and healthy as possible.
Either your cat is domestic or not. It is more cruel to expose your cat to infections and illnesses, parasites, predators, car accidents, poisoning and the infinite list of dangers in the outside world than keeping her indoors. Children also "get mad" at their parents, but It doesn't last for long. Besides, I prefer an angry cat to a dead one.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
So the cat wont attract male cats. Also, so i wont have to ever deal with a dead kitten ever again.
Are these your reasons for not spaying her? Because these are a few reasons to spay her! As well as numerous reasons regarding her health.
Is your plan to spay her or not? You said you were going to in one reply and then said you didn't like spaying in another...
What are your reasons against spaying?

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are these your reasons for not spaying her? Because these are a few reasons to spay her! As well as numerous reasons regarding her health.
Is your plan to spay her or not? You said you were going to in one reply and then said you didn't like spaying in another...
What are your reasons against spaying?
No im spaying her lol