Isnt This The Cutest Thing You've Ever Seen!? (mama And Her Kittens)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mama cant hear very well due to ear mites when we found her as a kittens but she has managed 3 litters already!

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is fine outside she can sense my footsteps from a mile away! Also, she loves it outside she had been living outside when we found her as a kitten.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are many predators that she would not be able to feel approaching, like birds of prey.

Do you plan to spay her?

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes we do, why?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having multiple litters is not healthy for mom. She can get pregnant again at any time now. Do you have mom and kittens inside?

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Um no, she had her first litter and all of the kittens were given good homes then she had her 2nd litter a year later and then after those kittens were gone she had another litter 2 months later and when she is still nursing she does not go outside

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's good that she will be staying inside until she is spayed in a few weeks.

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yup!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um no, she had her first litter and all of the kittens were given good homes then she had her 2nd litter a year later and then after those kittens were gone she had another litter 2 months later and when she is still nursing she does not go outside
It's great that you are taking care of mom and babies. Regardless, it is not healthy for mom to have back to back litters. It is also not healthy for her to mate with random male cats around your property. She could be exposed to diseases and parasites.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Feeding this nursing cat a high protein kitten food, preferably a canned wet food, and providing a lot of fresh water will really help her -- is she eating well?

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She eats Purina friskies seafood sensations

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All of the kittens are healthy and most of them love to play like regular old house cats and the father ive seen him once he actually looks nicely groomed and well taken for

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of the kittens are healthy and most of them love to play like regular old house cats and the father ive seen him once he actually looks nicely groomed and well taken for
You can't be sure that's the only father, or that he's healthy and parasite-free based on appearance alone.

Do some of the kittens not like to play?

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nope they all love to play a LOT even with their mother and get lonely easily

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Galixy Galixy .. The mother and kittens are of course very cute. :redheartpump:

I just wanted to let you know that the reason you are getting the responses from our members regarding spaying is because The Cat Site is a pro spay and neuter site. Here's a really good article on why we feel this way.

Of course we also want to help with advice on how to care for the mother and kittens. :)

Galixy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i
Hi Galixy Galixy .. The mother and kittens are of course very cute. :redheartpump:

I just wanted to let you know that the reason you are getting the responses from our members regarding spaying is because The Cat Site is a pro spay and neuter site. Here's a really good article on why we feel this way.

Of course we also want to help with advice on how to care for the mother and kittens. :)
dont really like spaying that much but neudering is ok because most male cats get aggressive when they get older and my male cat that did not get neudered and i never see him anymore :( and this cat i really like (he is a stray) but he is still neudered (i dont know why) and he is very VERY sweet and cute