Isn't it nice to get good news for a change?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got some good news today! I started a new job on February 13th this year (still with the government) and have been waiting for my payroll information to be changed to the new department/new wage rate. I have been paid at my old rate for the past month. I checked online today and it looks like I have been transfered over - but then I looked at my new earnings info - it looked like they were going to be paying me too much money. I don't want an overpayment so I called our payroll lady and she told me that because I was at the top pay rate for my old level that the pay increase has to meet a certain percentage. So instead of going to the bottom level of the new job I get put in at the 2nd level! So instead of getting a yearly increase of $785.00 my yearly increase is $2572.00. Not only that, but based on our collective agreement that will go up to a yearly increase of $3794.00 in June. The best of all news is that I will be getting my top up pay for my maternity leave at the new rate! I will be off on maternity leave for almost a year getting top up to 93% of my new salary.

God it is good to work for the government!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, getting a government job in Canada is the best you can do. I don't work for the government unfortunately but know many folks who do.

staciej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thats great news!!

Can I get a governmental job in Canada? My major is poli-sci.