isis got out

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just guessing, but I think those types of laws mean when you are caught with unspayed cats, it costs you a bundle. So more people will choose to pay the money to spay or neuter their cats.

Cats who got their vaccinations don't always get spayed...I mean read this board just a little. The people posting aren't cat haters, or unconcerned about their cats. Yet we end up with so many unplanned moggie pregnancies. And even second pregnancies.

I hope the laws help in RI.

We have kind of gotten off on a tangent.

How is Isis doing? Have you made a decision on moving up her spay date?

ms_joshica

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is a very good idea though b/c people do need to be more responsible with their pets so that we dont have all these precious animals run around sick and homeless, and bringing more homeless sick babies into the world. I know my city needs that law b/c it is easy to tell when you have an outdoor kitty b/c your kitty is well...outdoors, and if your animal patrol is really good at enforcing their laws they would even have the right to pick your kitty up and hold them for a fine and all of that. I mean it is done with dogs. I know its hard to keep your baby indoors b/c my mama's babies aren't even two weeks and you can tell she is pining for the outside again but I just can't allow it b/c she isn't spayed.
Breeders should also pay a fee to be responsible for their pets, and the ones they breed. I mean a good breeder, which I know most of the ones on this board are, shouldn't mind being accountable for their animals look how many states have breeder fees for dogs why should cats be any different. I know accidents happen and I'm not knocking anyone, especially since that happened to my baby and that is how she got pregnant too, don't get me wrong, but it is because we love them that we should try to nueter/spay them. It isn't a punishment. In my eyes it a great law, now whether these states enforce is a whole new saga.