Isis cries when being groomed

jazzmin_flower

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lovely cat, reminds me of my Mysty a lot. Is your cat's fur dry? Or has it improved after bathing her? Keeping the fur nice and soft might help not have to brush her so often. When my cats go dry in the coat I give them a little remedy that is easy to make of Pedialyte (or any brand) with a taste of honey mixed in. Right now my Tristan could use a boost as he has had fleas.

I am trying to see if your cat is a bobtail. Is she? I fancy bobtail cats.

-- Jazzmin Flower --

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twobananaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
jazzmin: her fur is never really dry, and she's usually nice and fluffy and soft like downy fur, but the loose stuff tends to fly off and everytime she's petted our hands get covered in it. we bathed her last night using that zoom groom thing and it helped so much in getting her skin clean and getting rid of all the loose fur.

and yes, she is a siamese-manx mix (according to the shelter). her tail has a little crook in the end of it, but it's really short. when she's happy she wags her tail like a puppy!

here's a better pic, showing her tail:

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twobananaz

jazzmin: her fur is never really dry, and she's usually nice and fluffy and soft like downy fur, but the loose stuff tends to fly off and everytime she's petted our hands get covered in it. we bathed her last night using that zoom groom thing and it helped so much in getting her skin clean and getting rid of all the loose fur.

and yes, she is a siamese-manx mix (according to the shelter). her tail has a little crook in the end of it, but it's really short. when she's happy she wags her tail like a puppy!

here's a better pic, showing her tail:
Oh my goodness!!! How cute is that!!!???

jazzmin_flower

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a lovely animal! Good to know her fur is soft. I do fancy her tail! Perhaps a food that emphasizes a healthy coat may help her not have so much shedding. I would check into that. I had a little dog that shed terrifically after baths and when she went for a ride in the summertime. I knew it weren't right for her to leave a layer of white straight fur all over my clothing.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All of my 3 hated the furminator. They love getting brushed though, and i just have to tap the brush on the sofa and Sophie comes running onto my lap to be brushed. She also lets out a loud cry just before i brush her, then the purring starts