ischiocavernosusmyectomy

patsy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I cannot believe that this cat lives with diapers on 24 hours a day. Is he happy? He doesn't try to get out of that thing? The fact that he is forced to go to the bathroom on himself is too much for me. It all seems kind of sad and so unnatural. Is living outside, in a secured area really worse than this?

jamieann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Patsy, I really appreciate your concern because I've done so much soul searching about this. These are so lightweight and comfortable that most of the time I don't think he even realizes they're on him. He's a VERY happy, loving cat. He now has the run of the house instead of all closed doors. He was spraying everywhere,all the time, the beds,couches, all my kids stuff,every piece of furniture in the house. He's much happier now without all the drugs the vet prescribed. He plays constantly, purrs, and snuggles all the time. If I didn't think he was happy, believe me I wouldn't be doing this. It's very cold and wet most of the time where I live, and it would break my heart leaving him outside all the time, with the rest of my cats being inside safe and warm. I love my cats so very much!

patsy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If he's happy then that's all that matters. Forgive me for being so down, I'm going to have to have Tiger put to sleep today and I'm very much not myself.

jamieann

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry about Tiger. I had to do that with my Sugar last October. She was 18 years old, my best friend, and It still hurts so much. I'll always miss her. My prayers are with you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

anne moeller

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, Patsy, I am so sorry to hear about Tiger. I lost a 21 year this past March. No matter how old or sick a cat is, it's always hard.
My heart goes out to you. Anne