Is Ziwipeak Air-dried Raw Or Cooked?

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't seem to get an answer from the company, so does anyone know if Ziwipeak's foods are raw before they are air dried or if they are cooked first?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's raw food food (meat, organs, etc) that's been air dried.

AIR-DRIED
Raw pet food that is air-dried, has all moisture removed via evaporation. The process is very similar to dehydration, without the addition of heat. Air drying minimizes damage to proteins, vitamins and sensitive nutrients and enzymes contained in the natural ingredients so your pet is getting nearly all the benefits of a raw food diet. Air dried pet food retains its conformation quite well, resisting any crumbling that may result from freeze-dried food. An example of an air-dried pet food would be “ZiwiPeak”.

FREEZE DRIED VS. DEHYDRATED VS. AIR DRIED: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE? - True Carnivores

The ZiwiPeak canned foods are raw when they go into the can and then are heated to meet processing regulations.

Are your canned formulas raw?

All canned foods, both human and pet, must be sealed and heated, according to international regulations, in order to preserve and stabilize the contents. Our carefully blended recipes are placed into the can raw and heated at the minimum temperature and time required to meet those regulations.

Frequently Asked Questions | Ziwi Pets

I guess technically the canned foods are stilll raw since they're not heated at temperatures high enough to cook the product.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interesting, I also found on their website that they say that the air dried foods aren't raw but they're as close to raw as possible. Not sure what they mean by that?

cluckingduck

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HEY! Hi. How have you been?

I'm still on ziwipeak rabbit and lamb, but looking for something cheaper and as high in quality. Anything new on the market?

I was looking for you on the 'catforum' site, and there is a marie73 on there, but never got a reply. So I was in my bookmarks, and bongo! Saw this page and realized "AHAH!"

So, have you tried Lotus? Any others? Artie still (as far as I know) ignores stew foods like weruva, and Feline Natural is even pricier than ziwipeak. Any suggestions would help. Artie NEEDS to cut back. Hes doing 257 cals of ziwipeak, at 15 lbs, and still is fat. The recommendation is 20 kcals per lb, but that would mean 300 kcals, when 257 is too much.

So, I guess I'm looking for a cheaper, high cal, no gum or carageenan food that costs $0.25 per can (just kidding). But dropping from the $60 per case price down to $35-40 per case would sure help.

Thanks, and glad I spotted you here!
Fred & Artie!