Is your kitty a voyeur? o_o

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's nothing like sitting on the potty and looking down to see a pair of kitty eyes staring back at you, or during the middle of the night feel a kitty curl up against your foot.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When Banshee, our Bridge baby, was a kitten, she used to sit in the corner of the tub to watch me shower. I gave in one time and actually picked her up and brought her into the shower with me, being careful so that she didn't get a face full of water. She loved it! She never minded getting wet.

In the morning, with Mollipop, I tend to keep her out of the bathroom til I'm dried-off and have my t-shirt on. She scritches at the door and starts squeaking for me to let her in. Then when I open the door and say, "Good morning, Miss Pop!" she comes strutting through the door, walks over and hops up on the toilet, hops to the counter and then leaps into my arms. And I'd better be ready because she leaps whether I'm ready to catch her or not! Purring the whole time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in the bathtub, and Simon is actually hanging over the edge of the tub and resting his paws all the way in the water! I'm pretty sure they'll both end up loving water.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine have to follow me into the bathroom regardless of what I'm doing
Neko cries outside the door if I keep him out. When I'm in the tub, they all crowd around and check it out. The tub is under a windowsill (privacy window) and they like to jump up there when I'm relaxing.

Nero has dunked his tail in before sitting there on the ledge of the tub, and bats at the bubbles. Nero also will join us in the shower if we let him

riffxraff

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
jericho LOVES the bath (as long as im the one in it and not him!) and as soon as i turn on the faucet he drops anything that hes doing, even wakes up, to come running and just stare at it, then when get in the shower he paws the doors (we have glass shower doors) until i open it a crack so that he can poke his head in and see me the whole time.

he didnt start this until after the night i gave him a bath, had an asthma attack, and stopped breathing and was in the hospital for a week. so i take it as him making sure im ok anytime im in there
arent they great!

kittymom4

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Only one of my three really cares for getting near the tub. My Tonkinese, Simon, will check out the tub when me or my hubby takes a bath. He lounges on the ledge, bats at the water, soaks his tail. He likes to sit between the shower curtain and liner occasionally when I shower as well.

My other Tonkinese, Lexie, won't get near the tub - she used to but now she watches from afar on the toilet when I'm in the tub. She does like to come in the bathroom with me and stay in the steamy hot room

None of them let anyone go in the bathroom alone. It's like they need to know what's going on in there. I keep telling them that there is no secrete escape tunnel but I don't' think they believe me. If Simon gets locked out he will just sit and wail until you give up and let him in.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitters is constantly in the bathroom with me. And recently she has taken to demanding running water for her to drink from the sink while I tinkle. She sits in there and watching my bath water run, then will leave after I'm "safely" in, but remains watch outside the door. (She doesn't seem to close the door on her way out though)
She used to even sit in the tub while I let the water run up until it got to her in the back and then she'd get out. She's a goofy one just like everyone elses!