Is your cat psychic?

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've read that cats have a sense when their people are coming home. My cats are usually waiting at the top of the stairs when I get in.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As I've posted before, I never come at the same time, two days in a row. Rowdy is always in the front window, regardless.

I used to have an empathetic cat, Peanut. He always knew when I had a migranine and would lightly jump onto the bad and snuggle against my shoulder. Purring is the only sound that doesn't hurt, when I have one of those killer skull-busters.

After my hysterectomy, he seemed to know not to lie on my stomach, for several weeks. In fact, he stayed off of me until the doctor pronounced me all healed up.

kittycuz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have tried communicating with mine mentally before. They pretendecd not to listen.

I have also talked to them to let them know that someone they didn't like would be coming to my house (my boyfriend's son). The lady on the pet psychic show emphasizes warning pets about changes that could upset them. I swear they were much calmer when warned beforehand.

Has anyone had the experience depicted in this poem? This is taken from "Grandmothers Attic Treasures and Scrapbook of Memories" by Phila Hack. The poem is by Alice Allen.

A Little Gray Ghost

Sometimes in summer twilights
When the colors of sunset lie
Warm on my quiet garden,
A little gray ghost steals by.
And vanishes into the shadows,
Where catnip grows fragrant and tall.
I call, but the breeze is my answer,
As it whispers the leaves--that is all.
And often in winter twilights,
With the snow and the wind outside,
A little gray ghost slips quickly