Is your cat a lap cat

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We call Oscar velcro kitty, because if I'm sitting down for any period of time, he's right there (even in the bathroom). Mostly in my lap, but othertimes (like when I'm sleeping), he'll cuddle with me. He loves to lay by my feet or on my chest when I'm sleeping.

Scotty will climb into a lap, but it's not nearly as often as Oscar. However, there are times they will fight over my lap. It's not really fighting so much as one pushes the other away.

If Scotty is already in my lap, I try to get DH to take Oscar because Oscar is ALWAYS on my lap and it's nice to have Scotty time.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Swanie is a total lap cat. If I sit down, pretty soon there he is. Which is cool, but I can't do anything else when he's on my lap, cause he's such a big guy. He's my love bug and hangs around me. Right now he's on the table in front of the monitor. Fortunately, he laid down so I can see the screen. If I moved over to the couch, he would be on me in a flash.

The only time Cindy comes anywhere near my lap is when Swanie is on it and she wants her head licked. Then she'll climb up if she can for a few minutes. She used to get on my chest or tummy when I was laying down, or I would wake up and she would be on my side, but she doesn't do that anymore. She's very much attached to DH, follows him around, loves to have him pet her, but she doesn't get on his lap either. She doesn't mind me petting her when she's in the mood, but she's really DH's little girlfriend.