Is your basement clean?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Just wondering: Do you keep a clean basement or does it always seem to be clean?
Yes it's very clean...because i don't have one!!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our basement is 3/4 unfinished, with 1/4 a tiny apartment, and pretty clean since it's flooded twice in the last 1.5 years (once, with so much rain that the streets flooded and shorted out the sump pump, and once when the hot water heater broke and shot out hot water everywhere!).

Stupid basement.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live down in a basement flat. Does that count?
It`s pretty tidy apart from where Kitty has been shredding a pom-pom in the lounge

The only horrible thing is my kitchen is under the stairs up to the main house. It was the coal store and when it was converted 2 years ago they didn`t skim the ceiling properly so the wet soaks through and the paint just flakes off everywhere.
I think it used to be the servants quarters.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My basement is clean now. We have a finished area which was a complete mess with a ton of boxes and other junk that I finally got rid of. Then we have a laundry area which isn't spotless, and I guess I shouldn't call it clean, but you can atleast walk in there without tripping on stuff now
Our workship is that, a workshop and isn't the most organized, but again, you can finally walk in it without tripping on anything

We still get alot of cobwebs in the laundry area and spiders in the finished area. I need to spray soon and hopefully keep them at bay.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My basement consists of three rooms, the laundry room with an unfinished ceiling, the furnace room, also with an unfinished ceiling and the main room. The main room is finished, with a drop ceiling. This is where I have my sewing room set up to to quilts and costumes. When Maggie gets scared, she runs into the laundry room and climbs the shelves to get into the dropped ceiling of the main room to hide. I've tried to block the entrance to the drop ceiling with cardboard, but when she's scared....nothing will deter her. I just wish there was a way to get rid of the spiders. Man, I HATE spiders....and there always seems to be spiders in my basement. I have cans of spider spray strategically placed all over the basement.

Ooops...forgot to answer if it is clean! Ummm.....sort of. I have very little closet space in the upstairs, so the basement is my storage area of little used or off season items. When I'm making a quilt...it looks like a wreck!!!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well our basement is fairly clean, my brothers room is one part of it and then the other part is a weight room and theres a freezer there, and then the next room is where the dryer and wahser are,and then back a lil further is a lil more of the cellar and the cold cellar but in those lil sections is were most of our stuff for the yard is including the stuff for the pool ! So I guess our basement is clean

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our basement is completely finished. Carpeted, fireplace and a wetbar. Just shampooed the carpet down there last weekend so yes, it is clean.

I won't let my husband put junk down there or I could never get to it to clean. His "pack-rat-man-junk" goes in the garage or the shed.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have a basement here. Actually, none of the newer houses in this city do to my knowledge. Only the Very old ones in the Memphis area do and that's still not a lot. I think it would be nice to have one though- especially in the South during tornado season
So since we don't have a basement, i'll speak for our attic -it's nice and tidy- all organized
Colin actually just build a ton of new shelves and a second opening (the first ones in the hallway) in the above the garage for a second access point. He's supposed to be adding a folding ladder to it soon- we have it it's just not put up yet.