is whiskas wet food good for your cat?

cat com

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
can someone tell me if i should feed my two month old cat seafood flavored me-o cat food urgently need to know please.

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

can someone tell me if i should feed my two month old cat seafood flavored me-o cat food urgently need to know please.
Its better not to.  Fish isn't the best for them. 

At 2 months old you are teaching him what is food.  I recommend cans of wet food.   Grain free wet food, if you can.   If you look around the site you'll find the popular brands with members here. 

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I advise against too much fishy flavored foods for several reasons, one it is high in phosperhous and two, kitties fed fishy foods, tend to be pickier.

sabotage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hey,

it's difficult these days to find the 'right-thing-to-do'.

some advise ONLY dry-food so the teeth don't go bad; and some other say that wet-food is better, since cats are usually not big drinkers, and are prone to kidney-disease.

if you have a month worth of food, just feed it to her/him; it definitely won't do any damage. but whiskas in general is not 'good' food. usually in the food you can buy in the supermarkets there isn't much real meat in there. cats are carnivores, they need to eat meat. and, however, they do put a lot of extras in canned/dry food, like vitamins, minerals, blabla, etc., its still best, in my non-professional opinion, to feed them as natural as possible.

my cat also started out with whiskas; then i started buying food at the pet-store. i always had 4-6 different kinds, and every day i gave her something different. which also turned out to be a mistake. eventually she developed a food allergy, so i had to figure out to which kind she was allergic.

i ended up feeding her only ACANA for the pas few years; which is said to be one of the foods to have the most percentage in actual meat; and no(t much) other stuff like grain, potatoes, and things cats naturally dont eat. i fed her mostly dry food; every once in a while i gave some wet food as a snack; sometimes once a week, sometimes once a month. nothing special, just sheba, or something else from the pet store.

my vet was indeed surprised by the state of her teeth. she was 13 and had really, really good teeth. but in the end cancer got to her, and all the healthy teeth and kidneys didnt help. maybe it wsa the cheaper food i fed her in her early years, that gave her cancer; maybe it was the expensive food; and maybe it was genetic - who knows..

i would suggest to find your own way. i have heard so many opinions, and i guess all of them are true in some way. try to balance: good dry food, sometimes wetfood, sometimes raw meet (you get that at the vet), or some fish from the market as you say. don't cook it though cuz it will loose all the good things raw meat is supposed to have (again that's something i've heard...).

as i say, find your balance, within your budget; but use a bit of logic: just think: can a can of catfood that costs 50c really be good?

i don't know where you're from, but there are some really good websites to buy cat food (in bigger quantities for cheaper). if you are from europe, you definitely wanna check it out: www.zooplus.com

good luck with everything; i am sure you will find your way!