Is this true??

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found out our 24 hour vet service is closed now due to Covid19 so I was looking around for different 24 hour vets in my area. I always drove past this one in the next county over so I wondered if it was a 24 hour one. Looking at the website, the vet is big into feeding your pets "raw" foods (like most of the posters on here are). Reading over things, I saw this: Did you know about pet food recalls due to toxic levels of vitamin D (e.g. 2019 - Hill’s Science Diet) and pentobarbital (e.g. 2018 - Smuckers Gravy Train, Kibbles and Bits, Ol’ Roy, Skippy)? Pentobarbital is the euthanasia drug used to put animals to sleep! This is irrefutable evidence that euthanized animals are being used as a protein source, meaning dogs, cats, or other euthanized animals ground up and put in pet food!

:eek2::eek2::eek2:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No pet food has ever tested positive for cat or dog DNA. It's more likely that chemically euthanized cows and pigs are getting into the pet food supply. Which is concerning in itself, but many people seem to focus on the "cat and dog meat" part.

That's pretty cool that the vet is into raw feeding. A lot of raw feeders don't have a supportive vet so he can really fill a niche.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No pet food has ever tested positive for cat or dog DNA. It's more likely that chemically euthanized cows and pigs are getting into the pet food supply. Which is concerning in itself, but many people seem to focus on the "cat and dog meat" part.

That's pretty cool that the vet is into raw feeding. A lot of raw feeders don't have a supportive vet so he can really fill a niche.
I had never heard of it until logging onto this site. Nobody I know personally does it.