Is this too far to walk??

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely not too far...most of my walks (with my dogs) are about 2-3 miles on average. Sometimes more but since we usually go out late we usually can't go much more or we will get back after midnight...walking takes longer when you have two curious dogs with you!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Oh Now come one I could run that far and beat many people that's a dash
now THAT I wanna be around for!

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I just got home..it only took 10 minutes to walk that far..and it was perfect because I needed some cardio, and I burned rubber I was walkin so fast..

I felt like a student walking with my backpack, I was actually laughing as I walked...then in the grocery store, I kept my mp3 player on..it is so interesting to grocery shop to music..I loved it!!

Good time, I'm glad I walked!!
I knew you could. Silly girl... you are young and athletic, should be no problem.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's definitely walkable. The pet food store I shop at is 4 miles (2 miles there, 2 miles back), which is about as long as I can bear to walk, lol. The way I've figured it, it takes an hour to walk 2 miles, 2 hours to walk 4 miles. If you're wondering, lol

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by catcrazyperson

good luck!
hope your arms don't fall off, that would be horrible! how would go type on TCS?
Oddly, I've thought of that before....I'd either use my nose or bite a pencil and use that! (Gotta be prepared for the unexpected ya know!)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I walk up to three miles a day (no store in sight!!) IF you think you are going to buy stuff I would take a backpack along!! Way back when in college I had no car (or much money) and would either walk to ride by bike to the grocery store and only buy what I could carry in my backpack.
Or you could take the shopping cart back home with you.

People did it all the time when I was in college. They were parked in the apartment complex I lived in all the time.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The shopping carts here all have locking wheels that prevent the cart from moving if its taken out of the parking lot. I wanted to bring it home and them bring the cart back, but you can't physically do it.

Sad that they actually had to invent a shopping cart that couldn't leave the store.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

The shopping carts here all have locking wheels that prevent the cart from moving if its taken out of the parking lot. I wanted to bring it home and them bring the cart back, but you can't physically do it.

Sad that they actually had to invent a shopping cart that couldn't leave the store.
Wow...haven't seen that yet. Maybe I'm not at the right stores. I know that there are some stores that require the $1 deposit if you want a shopping cart.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, this store's in a neighborhood where anything not nailed down and gets left outside is stolen. There are a lot of homeless people here and they would steal all the carts, plus people would take them home and never bring them back.

I still am wondering how they work. The wheels work just fine and the cart looks totally normal, but if you try to take it even and inch out of the parking lot on the sidewalk the wheels lock and it won't move anymore.