Is this the ugliest rug ever?

felineorc

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Love the rug - will have to my local IKEA store over here and see if I can get one - problem will be that my husband will HATE it

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not the ugliest. My first reaction was, well that's interesting. WHen I looked again, I thought it's pretty funky. Just cause your mom hates it, doesn't make it bad. How often do you agree on fashion, etc?

3catmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's not my style...I'm more of an antique braided rug person, but I do think it's cool!! It's not ugly at all, and hey, it's YOUR room!!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrgirl

Since everyone is posting their Ikea purchases, I just got two of these lamps!

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/store...ts=10111*10280

and one of these:

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/store...ts=10111*10270

I love IKEA. We plan on filling our apartment with IKEA stuff, one piece at a time. It's definitely affordable! I just love going to the store and looking at the different model rooms they have set up! I could decorate my entire living room for $500-800- you cannot beat that!
Oh they are so groovy.
I love IKEA.

njw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm sitting here with a bottle of wine-I think the rug just made my buzz worse.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Juniper

I bought a new rug for my dining room the other day - I thought it was cool - sent a picture to my mom, and she claims it is the ugliest rug she has ever seen.
So, now I'm polling everyone I know
, is this the ugliest rug ever?

Don't worry, I won't be offended at all! I like it, so I'm not bothered if anyone else doesn't, I'm just curious following my mom's comment - so be brutally honest.
I think it's groovy. It's the kind of thing I would buy for my house.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have MUCH, MUCH uglier rugs. The carpet in my apartment is really thin and stained so I just got second-hand rugs to cover up stained spots. They are pretty ugly but they are functional.

I think this rug would be better suited for a kid's room.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just asked my aunt her opinion on it and her words "That's an ugly f***ing rug. It would make me sick just looking at it."
Just you wait... when I finally get my own place, I'm getting a rug like that just to spite her (well that and I think it rocks!
)

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I laugh everytime I read a post on this thread. Who would have thought that there would be so many opinions about a rug?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

juniper

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Kylie, even Henry's walking away from it!, so theres his thoughts
But since then he has been lying on it a lot, so I guess he can't make up his mind!

juniper

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

I LOVE it!

The rug in my lounge is from Ikea and super cool! I'll see if I can either find a pic or take one!
Ooh, yes, please!

juniper

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

I laugh everytime I read a post on this thread. Who would have thought that there would be so many opinions about a rug?
I know!
I thought I'd get maybe a dozen opinions at most, but EVERYONE has weighed in, with hilarious comments at that
,didn't realise my rug could inspire that!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't really like the rug, but I wouldn't say it's the ugliest rug ever. I think maybe it would go better with some decor that would compliment it. What that would be, I have no clue. The rug reminds me of the Sopwith Camel. in fact, I heard that rug design was copied directly from a discarded 8x11 page of doodling by the artist who came up with the insignia on the plane.....
Yeah...... that's the ticket.