Is this Ring Worm?

tammybroom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my kitten (she'll be 1 in Feb) has been having these marks on her face for a few weeks now and today a new one's popped up again. I did take her to the vet last week and she didn't think it was ring worm and just gave her the all in 1 worm and flea treatment and it's to treat a lot more stuff which I can't remember the names. Anyway tonight I noticed another one, a bit of blood on it and it's red and like a round patch. Does it look like she's been fighting or is it possibly ring worm?

Attachments

xlynnbbyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are there anything more spots on her face besides that one? If it’s round it could indeed be round worm. Casper when he was weeks old had roundworm it looked like that on his nose. I can’t say 100% for sure it is but it looks like it to me. Get some stuff for roundworm although I would be careful with the really red spot. Also just in case it is roundworm after you or anyone else touch her wash your hands throughly. Cause if she does have roundworm you can get it too. I got it when Casper had it. It ended up spreading to Scooter(my other cat) & Nera(my dog). Which reminds me if you have other pets try not to let them around her until it is healed. Hope your kitty gets better soon.

the spare human

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It could also be some kind of infection that formed a cyst an fell off/out. Usually there would have been some large swelling tho. Doesn't look like that to me but if it's not round worm that would be my next thought. I'm paranoid so if I had this issue and the worm meds didn't work I'd go full tilt an throw the kitchen sink at them. A round of antibiotics cocktail injection, steroid cocktail injection and a anti-viral.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
It does not look like ringworm to me, but I am not a vet, so it is only my observation. Is there some chance that this happened in or as a result of a fight? Is it painful as far as you can tell. I agree that you might need to go a step further with your vet on this if it does not start to improve very quickly.