Is this pinking up / is this recent rescue pregs?

GodrevyCat22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
Have recently taken in this stray female (last weekend) We have her booked in for a spay next week, and she has been to the vet earlier this week for a general check up to start the process of getting her back to good health as she arrived very hungry. In this first visit the vet did not suggest anything about pregnancy. In the last day or two, I’ve noticed she looks like she has a fuller/more rounded belly. Everyone else in the house thinks I’m wrong and being over imaginative and it’s just because she’s been eating BUT I’ve just been with her and her nipples are unlike anything I’ve seen before (we have one other much older cat who was spayed as soon as she could have been). A quick Google seems to suggest a change in nipples can be a sign of pregnancy, but hers don’t look quite like other pics online. Is she maybe pregnant? Has she maybe nursed before? Any help would be appreciated :)

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It looks like she recently nursed a litter. The nipples look dry. Apply coconut oil or bag balm to moisturize and soothe. If possible, go ahead with the spay. Thanks for rescuing her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GodrevyCat22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for your help - The skin is a little dry around them and the nipples look like they have little black heads/spots too. She is really still a baby herself, very much an adolescent so very sad to think she may have already had a litter (and wondering where they might be as there is no sign of kittens anywhere 😢) but given cats can get pregnant so young it shouldn’t be a surprise! Just so sad that whoever had her before didn't get her spayed when she should have been. Will deffo get the vet to have a look next week at her spay appointment and fingers crossed it will be okay to go ahead. Thanks again for the advice!