Is this odd?

rwdz71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've noticed every time louie uses the bathroom he runs around the house like a mad man.. up the stairs, down then up then to the tub to play. My mom did a little research and found that he could be doing this because it's painful for him to go.. he's done it since he was a kitten and everything checked out at the vets. any ideas or is it just the way he is like "i feel good"?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rwdz71

I've noticed every time louie uses the bathroom he runs around the house like a mad man.. up the stairs, down then up then to the tub to play. My mom did a little research and found that he could be doing this because it's painful for him to go.. he's done it since he was a kitten and everything checked out at the vets. any ideas or is it just the way he is like "i feel good"?
I wonder. I used to have dogs and they would always do this (outside of course), they just seemed so darn happy that they had just relieved themselves. I have not actually seen this behavior in cas though. But I would not discount the fact that maybe they are experiencing the same euporia. Come on now, admit it, don't you feel better after going?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Punkin always leaves the litter box at warp speed. Maybe he's just warped.

But the other cats know it and wait for him...

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My fosters often tear out of the bathroom like their tails are on fire...but first.. they dig, dig, dig to China!!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

But the other cats know it and wait for him...
Mine do that too
They gather round the doorway, and once the cat's done in the tray they pounce and have a mad game of chase.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do think it's a "ahhhh I feel a pound lighter" type thing. My old cat used to tear around the house before doing a "number 2", so we thought she was just working it out
Our current girls often go tearing around once they're done, and it seems like a happy running.

Nothing to worry about - your cat's as weird as everyone else's